Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emissions & venturi delete, oil catch can fitted (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts
Default Emissions & venturi delete, oil catch can fitted (pics)

Just some pics for those interested in emissions delete, venturi delete.

AOS pipe goes to LR oil catch tank instead of all those oil fumes gunking up the intake.
Catch tank fits on existing stud on side inner wheel well with a regular C-clamp:

Fuel vent line on firwall bulkhead goes to AFM adapter plate (note vacuum blanking plug on throttle):

A much cleaner engine bay (also PS delete, cruise delete, polishing + some other goodies):

Mike (with help from Gina)
Old 04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Mike. Did you guys ever get that manual rack installed that I sold you?

My track car has the same mods done... CC delete and evap canister delete. Currently I just have a small filter on the firewall line but I like how you just ran it back to the intake. I run the stock airbox and don't have a catch can though.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:27 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

Running the fuel vent line to the air intake helps a little as the vacuum in the intake will help draw any fumes out of the tank instead of to atmosphere. Also, as it's a closed circuit I suppose it is still emissions legal. You can do the same thing with the stock airbox, just run the vent line to the 'clean' side of the airbox. You will need one of these from K&N or something similar.

Thanks, the manual rack went into the 951 track baby. The na is my daily driver now and also has a manual rack and I love the feel of it, so much more road feel and seems to be more responsive in turns, though my dme computer is playing up and I will have to do some soldering this weekend.

Quick Reply: Emissions & venturi delete, oil catch can fitted (pics)