Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Problem Resolved.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
armandodiaz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I haven't gotten down to the control module. But when I jumped the relay in the fuse box, I heard the relay, behind the RF tire clicking. So I'm assuming it's good.

I think it's time to stop guess and pull out the wiring diagram
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 PM
donkim
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a bad ABS relay. Anyone have a working one for sale reasonable? Found them on E bay, but a bit pricey for basically a relay w/a diode.
Thx, Don
Old 09-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Boogieman
4th Gear

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sysgen
It's possible they fried it when welding but then again, the board might have died of old age. Try changing the ABS module, they are not too expensive on e-bay. I don't think a sensor would do this, if a sensor is not detected, it turns on the light when you start moving.

If you changed the relay, then in order I would check the ABS module then the pump.
Thanks for the reply Sysgen.

I havent changed the ABS relay (the one in the fuse box in motor compartment I guess you refer to) so I will start with that. But wouldnt that light up the ABS lamp? Same with the ABS unit?

I also need a new battery since the old one died (one cell) so I will start with that.

Then ABS module - that is the white box at the door?

Thanks again
Boogie
Old 09-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ABS module is under the dash on the passenger side. It is an orange box (well on my car it was), look under there, you'll see it.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Austin09
Advanced

I'm really hoping someone can help me with the tests I need to do to diagnose my fault.

I have my ABS light permanently on. I've pulled out the ABS computer and tested all the sensors, these are correct.
I checked the relay in the fuse box, it has the correct voltage going to it, and it clicks when I apply 12v. To be totally sure I even swapped over a known working relay.
Next I effectively bypassed the relay by connecting the two terminals in the fuse box which made the pump whirr for a split second.
I also swapped out the ABS control unit to see if that resolved the issue, still nothing.

So - I think my pump works because I heard a noise, and I think the relay in the fuse box and the control unit are sound.

Now, how can I test the pump wiring and the earth without taking the wheel arch lining and inspecting the pump itself. There must be a way using the wiring from the ABS control unit.
I have a power probe so I can supply 12v to the ABS pump but I don't know where to do this on the diagram.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS Problem Resolved.