Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH BROADFOOT RACING

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 06:28 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

a lot of you guys are speaking out of ignorance, oil changes and tune ups are a world apart from a custom engine built or custom body parts, or a race car built, a car going through a process like that can be in a shop up to 2 years. What I would suggest Albert to do is to warn the customers and educate them as the length of the process, that way they would not be calling everyday. Till today I have never heard of Albert not delivering a product, late yes.

So his communication skills need to improve, yes, educate his customers, yes, still one of the best builders out there, yes
The following users liked this post:
Steve Pratel (10-01-2023)
Old 12-07-2013, 08:32 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
a lot of you guys are speaking out of ignorance, oil changes and tune ups are a world apart from a custom engine built or custom body parts, or a race car built, a car going through a process like that can be in a shop up to 2 years. What I would suggest Albert to do is to warn the customers and educate them as the length of the process, that way they would not be calling everyday. Till today I have never heard of Albert not delivering a product, late yes.

So his communication skills need to improve, yes, educate his customers, yes, still one of the best builders out there, yes

Albert just needs to hire a receptionist and anyone who enters into a business agreement with him needs to realize that it is going to take longer than expected.

If you can't deal with that then go someplace else.

It is really that simple.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:45 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by fejjj
Albert just needs to hire a receptionist and anyone who enters into a business agreement with him needs to realize that it is going to take longer than expected.

Agreed
Old 12-07-2013, 08:47 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fejjj

Which most of us do... It's to bad cuz some of his products look great and aren't way over prices
Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 PM
StoneGrey951
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joel8005,

Your engine is stunning.

Albert offers so many parts-color choices but I chose to remain with a stock-on-steroid, austere approach, thus the neutrals.

I was also impressed with his silicone carbide treatment. Had never heard of anyone else doing that before. Pics attached were sent by Albert as he overhauled.
Attached Images      
Old 12-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Joel8005
.......... But if you want one of the best 4 banger water pumper builders ...........
Joel, I know this is way off topic, but man, I am perplexed at what I see.

Why does your fuel line double back on it's self and take such a funky path under, around, and across? Why the 180* fitting? Seems odd to me when there are so many better choices in fittings and paths.

EDIT: I'm gonna ask this question in your thread.

Last edited by Amber Gramps; 12-08-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:50 AM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lart, could not agree more......

Alberts reputation is two fold:
1. Excellent engine builder and fabricator.

2. Poor communication and slow to deliver, those who get frustrated by the latter have most likely been buying off the shelve and never had a custom build. Those that contract with Broadfoot and then complain not being able to speak with him slow delivery times have not done their research.

This thread is filled with a lot of stone throwers, all of which have received their product, cant find one who same the product build was inferior.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Autosportfl
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RESPONSE FROM BROADFOOT

I am not going to read the remarks. Just wanted to address you people who felt the need to vent. I am sorry if you have had a hard time reaching us recently. We are a small company and had to take some unexpected time off due to medical emergencies. We are back in the office and are happy to help any of you with any outstanding issues. Feel free to email me at autosportfl@aol.com and I will take care of anything you might need. However please remember that we have thousands of happy customers and have been in business for 33 years. We are always happy to help the Porsche community in any way we can and if you know us then you this is true.

Slander is a seriously thing and I would appreciate it if you would think twice before jumping in on trying to damage our reputation.

Thank you
Kelli Broadfoot
Old 12-09-2013, 01:58 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

what a deal... 996 + this...
http://www.broadfootracing.com/996_ims_bearing.htm
Old 12-09-2013, 07:45 AM
james6speed
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Autosportfl
I am not going to read the remarks. Just wanted to address you people who felt the need to vent. I am sorry if you have had a hard time reaching us recently. We are a small company and had to take some unexpected time off due to medical emergencies. We are back in the office and are happy to help any of you with any outstanding issues. Feel free to email me at autosportfl@aol.com and I will take care of anything you might need. However please remember that we have thousands of happy customers and have been in business for 33 years. We are always happy to help the Porsche community in any way we can and if you know us then you this is true.

Slander is a seriously thing and I would appreciate it if you would think twice before jumping in on trying to damage our reputation.

Thank you
Kelli Broadfoot
Kelli Broadfoot,

It appeared the customer had no way of contacting you... apparently he does now as he has posted pics of his car.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:21 AM
HICKS
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

deleted
Old 12-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

HICKS:

I want to apologize to those of you who have not received the good customer service that you deserve when purchasing from Broadfoot racing. I personally accept that responsibility as it was I who most probably dropped the ball during some "trying" times. If you would like to contact me personally at kbroadfootm3@gmail.com I will do my best to compensate you the best I can.

I am only reaching out because I feel it is the right thing to do and I truly regret not doing so sooner.

Best regards,

Kelli Broadfoot
Old 12-09-2013, 10:36 AM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Funny I saw on Facebook this morning Broadfoot is Bashing Rennlist and everyone on
It... Great business model...
Old 12-09-2013, 06:12 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you
Kelli Broadfoot
This thread was started in 2004! That was NINE YEARS AGO, and you been making the same excuses for NINE YEARS! If it walks like a duck and squawks like a duck, it's a DUCK!
Further, there is, by definition, no slander in this thread. Unless someone made claims against you that were patently false and in writing, there is also no libel involved here, either. For libel to exist, a poster would have to be lying about their experience with you. If they are, call them out for it. If not, then the rest of the posters here, including myself, are speaking from experience with you, or through friends who have ALSO dealt with you, again, myself included. Your service sucks. Fix it, or shut up when you get called out for it. Your ebay feedback, through the years is FILLED with the same complaints.

No one here said Albert wasn't great at what he does or that you are not both good people. What has been said is that you suck at customer service and you go communicatively AWOL, with people, when you promise parts and service by a reasonable date and then blow off your customers, when they just want to know why their parts didn't show up or you have their car for a longer time than you promised. This is completely YOUR problem. Talk to people and don't promise what you can't deliver at the time promised, and then TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, to let them know that there was a delay, and you would never have seen a thread like this in the first place; much less STILL seeing this thread NINE YEARS after you were aware of the problems.

You are NOT the victims here. Get over yourselves and get better at doing business.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
This thread was started in 2004! That was NINE YEARS AGO, and you been making the same excuses for NINE YEARS! If it walks like a duck and squawks like a duck, it's a DUCK!
Further, there is, by definition, no slander in this thread. Unless someone made claims against you that were patently false and in writing, there is also no libel involved here, either. For libel to exist, a poster would have to be lying about their experience with you. If they are, call them out for it. If not, then the rest of the posters here, including myself, are speaking from experience with you, or through friends who have ALSO dealt with you, again, myself included. Your service sucks. Fix it, or shut up when you get called out for it. Your ebay feedback, through the years is FILLED with the same complaints.

No one here said Albert wasn't great at what he does or that you are not both good people. What has been said is that you suck at customer service and you go communicatively AWOL, with people, when you promise parts and service by a reasonable date and then blow off your customers, when they just want to know why their parts didn't show up or you have their car for a longer time than you promised. This is completely YOUR problem. Talk to people and don't promise what you can't deliver at the time promised, and then TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, to let them know that there was a delay, and you would never have seen a thread like this in the first place; much less STILL seeing this thread NINE YEARS after you were aware of the problems.

You are NOT the victims here. Get over yourselves and get better at doing business.
Amen, wish I had found this thread before I had bought a motor from them.

Sorry to bump this and pile on, but I bought a motor from them had some issues, motor spun a bearing at my first DE- turn 1 at the Glen during track out. Yes, like 50 feet on the track surface.

I contacted Kelli, they were initially helpful, but tired to place the onus on the shop that did the install. Packed up and towed the car back to Virginia from Watkins and had the shop contact them. Determined the motor spun a bearing and the oil pan was full of metal. Information relayed to Braodfoof. Radio silence for months. Tired reaching them via email, phone calls, texts, etc. to no avail.

Finally, I filled a credit card dispute and heard back immediately. Some excuse about their building wasn't able to occupied. I guess that means they can't respond to email or text messages, but can respond to credit card disputes.

Anyway, in the end they offed to credit me 500 bucks. Thanks, but no.

Like I said, wanted to bump this so people are aware.

-Paddy

Quick Reply: HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH BROADFOOT RACING