Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

selling my 951 and 944na

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 02:32 AM
Dan/87/944na
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default selling my 951 and 944na

well I am about 90% sure that I am trading in my WRX for a boxter...and I will need a daily driver for winter with some cargo space....so I need to sell my 951 and my 944na. (I would not want to drive my 951 in the winter) I am posting them first on rennlist...well the 951 I just bought and runs great but has slight oil leak that I am not sure what from yet (It has a small spot from the last week on the floor oil level the same) its guards red/black with 150k on it paint is almost perfect and it looks great. some mods welt chips, shim, dino wheel, bra (nose and mirrors) good tires. belts and all service done about 20k ago. has records. no dask cracks small tear in drivers seat.
the 944na is dark metalic blue with fresh repaint. It has new clutch, brakes, top end, polished engine parts, betls ect. BUT the oil pick up came loose and it has been sitting. Ihave all parts but no time. It has been in indoor storage.
here are the cars
the 944 in it's prime

here it is now after indoor storage (covered in dust)

here is the 951

anyone want to trade for a good winter car? or make offer
Old 11-18-2004, 02:47 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking for a NA but I want a track car, so you'd probably shoot me for offering the price I'm looking to buy one for.

John
Old 11-18-2004, 04:58 AM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

ahhh, red. . . hmmmm. . .

Dont be surprised if you get a rediculous offer from somewhere out left-coast way.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:53 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

It would be most helpful if you posted what you were looking to sell them for.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't do it man! You'll regret it!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:04 AM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

WOW that NA looks sexy!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 11:17 AM
35thSLP
Burning Brakes

Shoot me a price on the turbo. I am a collector and just did a sex change on an 86 from auto to manual. I hand wach all my cars and would makean excellent home for your baby! let me know....

Jeff
Old 11-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Email sent...
Old 11-18-2004, 12:11 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think there is someone looking for a 951 in the 2k range give or take 2k. He is probably interested. I think he has a few posts here and there. Please dont shoot me
Old 11-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Ryan Z
Pro

would you be interested in an '83 Benz 240D as a daily driver?
Old 11-18-2004, 01:32 PM
trumpeter
AutoX

I would be interested in the price and more detailed info on the 944na.

Trumpeter
Old 11-18-2004, 01:34 PM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

That NA is beautiful..! Where did you get those carts that keep the tires off the ground in storage?? I know there's a benafit in not having the car sit on the tires but are those better than jackstands? It's obviously cool that you can push it around...!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:52 AM
Dan/87/944na
Advanced

Funny day today....I am talking two a few friends and letting them know I am selling the red 951...they are all ladies and not really big car people. they are like what are you going to get to replace it...I sais a boxter...all of them were like " oh a boxter...I like your red one better" this was two different ladies at two different times...lol very funny I thought....AND THEN MY ups lady stops by to drop off and pick up and I let her know the same thing and she is like ( a boxster?? that is not even a real porsche like your red one...the red one is sharp!!!...how much do you want for it...) she was shocked when I said around 6k and was more shocke when I told her it was an 86....I got a kick out of all this today 3 different people at 3 different times with the same feelings about the 951(a sign maybe???)

but I am still seeing visions of boxster in my mind and daydreaming about it

well more info on the two cars

well here is the maintinance: from 11/18/04 to 4/12/96 on the 951
and you can download my carfax of it at http://www.danielyaris.com/944t.pdf and get the vin from that too.
I have the rest of it also back to 1988 starting at her first 30k service
Miles 153k 2004
Mobile one since about new every 3k miles
146k welt chips installed
144k new Airflow meter
143k new DME relay
138k new battery
134k new paint job
133k new bf goodritch comp ta's
132k new thermostat, engine temp sensor
130k new belts, rollers, front oil seal
128k new rebuilt injectors, cap and rotor, and (failed emissions and got new catalyst and passed)
124k brake flush
114k 02 sensor over run valve, boots pressure reg, intake hose struts and shocks
99k new front rotors pads all around ansa muffler

AC works great blows cold, no dash cracks
I paid 6k for her about two months ago and have just put a few hundred in her sincer purchase. She runs strong, does not overheat (longest drive for me was about 1.5 hours and never got to the half way mark ) oil pressure great. When doing a cold start she is hard to put in gear sometimes unless I let her warm up for a few minutes. if warmed up she runs perfect. I did have an oil leak (spots on the floor) I thought about .5 quart in a month. I cleaned the floor in the garage and filled her up and in the last two weeks the oil level is the same (even after driving around quite a bit) and there is one small spot of oil under her(the size of a quarter) I park her in the same spot on a large clean piece of cardboard. so not sure what that is all about...maybe spillage from the oil change in the underbody tray or slow leak...I would love to get 6k for her but I just want a fair offer and I don't want to give her away....I would rather sell her for a little less to a rennlister than some one on ebay..as I know she will live on forever
if you have anymore questions just let me know....daniel

as for the 944na I have to dig out the reciepts on that and put it all down. I have around 10k invested in that car. last time I checked ac worked fine, and no dash cracks.....when I bought her the odomiter said around 56k miles on it but I ran a carfax afew months after I got it (was not that popular then) when I heard the radio ad. It said that the last milage on it was 80k a few months earlier at its emissions test. the PO turned the odomiter around 30k I was pissed and so the $$$ started to go in it new brakes, sent to porsche to have a late PPI done and to have 2k in work done (replace little things and the clutch) then rebuilt top end after compression was tested and good. I just kept fixing every little thing on her and then had her repainted $$ I got side skirt and turbo nose/and fogs back in the early days of ebay and rear end. while I was rebuilding the top end I replaced seals, and oil cooler seals, polished all and every part that I could. painted the cam cover, and took off any small parts and gave it to my dad (he owns a plating shop) and had plated the factory colors (sliver or gold zinc) I put a clarion pro audio cd player , lanzar 4x6 plates, new pedals, ect. she was my money pit. last was the 17" chrome boxter twist wheels. Started her up and she ran perfect and was ready for Porsche club parade Milwaukee. two weeks of wonderful running and then about 100 yards from my house oil pressure just dropped. I shut her down and and pushed her workshop. If you do a search of my posts you will see the whole thing all my moments and such and after tilting the car on stands and her running fine and then over filling the oil (all rennlister suggestions) the oil pressure was fine..so the verdict was a cracked or dislodged oil pick up. so I ordered new rod bearings and an oil pan gasget. BUT I WAS SO PISSED AT THE CAR SHE SAT now I work so much about 12hour days 6 days a week and have no time and wish to put no more $$ in her. I have no clue what to ask for her. I will sell with our without the wheels (but they look so wonderfull on her) depending on $$offered...like I said I have no clue as what to ask for the Na. IF she was running she would get a decent penny on ebay I bet...but she need the oil pan droped and the pick up tube fixed so I just don't know I would love around 4.5k with phone dials (could sell the 17" wheels on ebay for around 800-1k easy)...but Like I said not sure what she is worth..maybe better to part out?? would not really like to do as she runs (just can't run her though)
like I said I would also consider trades for a reliable daily driver car with hatch back (I carry lots of photogear for work) as my wrx is the wagon and I would need another wagon or hatchback that is ok in the winter
Old 11-19-2004, 01:07 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Off topic, but with winter approaching why give up the WRX wagon just as the nasty stuff is approaching. Why not just put things off until April.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:20 AM
StupEd05
Pro

4.5k for the awsome looking NA!!! I bet on the street you could get 5.5k High Schools are the best way to sell a car. That and take it to a track event. Dropping the oil pan and fixing the tube is no big job is it? I wouldnt think that would diminish the price very much if at all.

Why'd you let it get so dirty!!! It was so beautiful...

Quick Reply: selling my 951 and 944na