Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 12:25 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

Glad to see you've still got her! old friend
Old 03-04-2019, 12:46 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
Glad to see you've still got her! old friend
I just couldn't do brother. I never actually listed it. There are a few wanted ads that I recently replied to, so we will see if they are interested in what I have. Let's hope not

How's Wade? See or hear from him in a while?
Old 03-04-2019, 12:56 AM
968to986
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Okay, I’ll play.

Name: Jeremy

Hobbies: Projects: house, cars, bicycles, woodworking, etc.

Porsche Genesis: lifelong obsession with the brand. Had a 968 first, totaled, replaced with a 986 Boxster. Also have an 87 944 turbo and a 75 914.

Future wants: GT3, but really just for my current cars to be what I envision they could be.

Daily Driver: 97 Boxster, 08 Tacoma
Old 03-04-2019, 08:09 AM
paredown
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I've been lurking on and off for a while--but I'm a new guy.

Name: Dean

Hobbies: home renovation on a budget

Porsche Genesis: religiously read Car and Driver back in the day ('70s), got a lifetime addiction to BMWs and Porsches. Owned a 944 briefly that I had to dump when we moved overseas in the late '90s. Read Excellence cover to cover for years, and pined for a Porsche--a lot--but circumstances have conspired against ownership. Eyeballed 964s and tried to tell people that they would be classics, and passed up on incredible deals because the time wasn't right...missed that bus.

Daily driver: 2003 Tundra, Acura TSx wagon--but sadly no Porsche...

Good news--we picked up a old beater Volvo wagon in the "Great Recession" that I HAD to rebuild myself--full brakes, timing belt/WP and a lot of other stuff. Until that point I was hesitant to dig in. Same with maintenance and diagnosis on my Tundra--I've had to farm out a few things when I wasn't feeling well, but mostly had been me.

I had always been the gopher and dogsbody when I helped my father BITD (he had mad skills), and shied away from tackling a big project on my own. No longer. If you gave me back my old 944--I would not hesitate to tackle what needed doing.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:52 PM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Name : D.W.
also known as mrgreenjeans

Region :
Nord Stern - PCA

Retired Federal Govt., former Building Trades, former Homebuilder
Current rural landowner and farmer

Porsche Interests :

bought my first 944 new in '84, an M-456 Weissach prep and set up / factory order out, a few years out of college. Waited 1 1/2 years for it's arrival. Since then have added 8 more in M456, M474, and M030 optioned cars, one a Factory 'sunroof delete' lightweight. All have LSD and FUCHS. Also a Jubilee '88 ( 1 of 250 in black ), an I82 Touring Edition in white, a '74 - 914 - 2.0 liter and an '88 Carrera.

Love all track related events from D.E. to Formula One. Both track prepped 944s have had numerous miles put on at Parades, BIR, Road America, and Laguna Seca.

( the above Zermatt M456 is a one owner lady driven car from the foothills of Los Angeles, who ordered it out new. Seen here at Porsche Parade in 2013 in Traverse City, the last Parade I drove to with it. It has it's original Sport Seats and one repaint done before I bought it )

My '82 built, well optioned 944, one of the first into America.... July of '82 to near Colorado Springs and was used as a photo op-display car about a month before release to the new owner. Seen here in rural MN on a lake country summer drive with Porsche Club friends

'89 - 951 - M030 bought from a trusted friend and Club Racer who had owned it from nearly new. A Porsche Dealership owner was the first owner and kept it in pristine care. A low mile, well cared for beauty seen here wearing it's aux. set of Cup II wheels and Euro bridge spoiler. It came from the factory with forged Club Sports made by FUCHS, and wears those today. ( I like to change up the look from time to time, but love the Club Sports best. ) It is also one of the first built that model year, so has forged internals as opposed to the later production cast internal cars of '89.

Last edited by mrgreenjeans; 03-05-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:29 PM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

'88 Carrera in Venetian Blue and my friend I bought it from. It originally came from the Bay area and was owned by a Dr. and his wife

'84 factory lightweight and sunroof delete, delete special. It got converted to street use by the PCA instructor who ordered it new, before I bought it, so he still has the deep rear spoiler, plastic hood and fenders, race Recaros, and Perspex windows

the '84 - M456 I bought new, on a road trip thru the mountains with Porsche friends, and wearing road wheels and street tires. It came with FUCHS but they have sticky, track tires on them, not suitable for a 3,000 mile trip (-;

Again, my friend Dave seen here with his '10 - GT3; same guy I bought the Carrera from when he bought that grey beauty.

Last edited by mrgreenjeans; 03-04-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:05 PM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

The '86 'Touring Option' ( I82 ) Alpine White I found and brought back from Billings, MT. It was a show car and weekend mountain driver it's entire life, seeing very limited use.
It has a well documented 28,000 original miles and had a lifetime of fastidious care
Old 03-05-2019, 01:08 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Welcome Jeremy & Dean! Glad to have you!

Mr Green Jeans (I loved Captain Kangaroo BTW and actually had a pair of green jeans when I was little because of the show... long story lol). Amazing story and collection of beautiful cars! Thanks for taking the time to upload all the pictures and share your story
Old 03-05-2019, 04:02 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

You're welcome,
and Thank You for the compliments....

I have a few more photos of the others, but don't want to bore the group or take over the thread.
Some day I will post some images of the yellow teener, the Jubilee '88, and some of the others. I have never sold any Porsche and am always interested in looking for the vintage stuff. The rarer or more uncommon, the better.

Hope to own a 968 Cabriolet, an '08- GT3RS, a 924 Carrera, and a dry, rust free longhood 911S or Carrera. The last 4 are getting very expensive and hard to find, and it just may mean I have arrived at the dock too late; my ship has already left port.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Dan Martinic
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 131 Posts

Name: Daniel (Dan) Martinic

History: 1969 VW Beetle, 1960 VW Beetle, 1997 VW Golf, 2003 Mini Cooper S, 1988 Porsche 951 (current)

Hobbies besides auto: vintage tube audio & vinyl, teaching, digital tech

Wife's car: 2011 Kia Soul 5 speed manual

Daily driver: my 951, going on ten years

Future: Establish second home in native Croatia, drive Citroen deux-chevaux through the mountains all day long

SUMMER

WINTER

Cheers
Dan

Last edited by Dan Martinic; 03-06-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:32 AM
chrsvo
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm Chris, long time lurker. I'm in Germany and we have an active community, however you guys take modifications & upgrades to a next level.

I've had my 924S for almost eight years now.
Two years ago I overhauled the rear axle (dumped around 1500$ into it, not counting labor).
Haven't gotten around to do the front, which I'll start real soon.

My plan for this year:
- new front axle, i.e. new rubber bushings, new strut mounts
- replace engine mounts (partworks.de has a high-quality replacement)
- replace steering axle
- repaint the Cup 1 wheels I had in my garage for years and finally mount them
- weight reduction! 44Ah Battery moves to rear, take out spare wheel, rear bench and potentially replace the rear bumper and hood with FRP parts
- Buy and mount H&R Clubsport coilovers
- Potentially switch to VEMS/MS! very excited about this one as it opens up further modifications to the head/cams and higher compression pistons
- Do the belts by myself
Old 03-06-2019, 08:50 AM
paredown
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrsvo
Hi everyone, I'm Chris, long time lurker. I'm in Germany and we have an active community, however you guys take modifications & upgrades to a next level.
Welcome! Where in Germany?

We had a couple of years living in Duesseldorf, and loved it...

Old 03-06-2019, 09:09 AM
chrsvo
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by paredown
Welcome! Where in Germany?

We had a couple of years living in Duesseldorf, and loved it...
Cologne, so just around the corner of Duesseldorf

Old 03-08-2019, 12:25 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Welcome Daniel and Welcome Chris

Quick Reply: Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!