924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

924 Turbo S Value?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 02:33 AM
EJZero1
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 1 Post
Default 924 Turbo S Value?

Hey all. Popping over from the 944 side with a quick value question.

Got a chance to pick up a 1980 924 Turbo S, not running and the current owner isn't exactly forthright with additional information. Claims 77K original miles on a "project that just isn't going to get done."

Haven't got a chance to look at it yet, but if I decide to investigate further, will try to get a look at the belts.

I understand I've provided very limited information and have no idea what, if any, documentation the current owner can provide with regard to maintenance history. He's asking $1000. Given that he's probably built in some bargaining room, are we starting in the right neighborhood?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:22 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

How much rust? When's the last time it ran? Any pictures to share?
Old 07-20-2014, 12:24 PM
EJZero1
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 1 Post

Finally got a chance to look at the car.

It's not an "S", and it's pretty rough. Been parked in the tall grass under a tree for over 3 years. No visible rot, but the paint is baking off in large patches. Tires were all rotten. ***** missing from the dash. A quick look under the hood revealed the space had been occupied by animals over the course of the 3 years. Many visible wires cut, chewed on, or otherwise just missing.

Asking price is 1000, and says it needs to be gone "ASAP". Told him after looking at it I really wasn't interested in making an offer, but if I were to make an offer it would be substantially less than his asking price. He said he has people coming to look at it every day and he recently turned down an offer for 800. Told him that offer was probably more than fair...

Quick Reply: 924 Turbo S Value?