924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

What do I do with my dad's 924?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 09:01 AM
reddott
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I do with my dad's 924?

Hi all. I'm new to Rennlist. Just joined as I have a car on order so please forgive any lapses in etiquette. My dad recently passed and I suddenly have a lot of stuff to sort out. One of the items to deal with is his 1977-1/2 Porsche 924. He bought it new way back when and it was driven until about 1983-4. It lived on the driveway for about 15 years and in the garage for the last 20 or so. In my mind, it's a restoration project or a parts car at this point. I really don't know if it has any value but frankly would rather see it go to an enthusiast then a scrap yard. It's not drivable and would need to be picked up. Any suggestions and advice on how to find the car a new home would be appreciated.

Rich
Old 04-13-2024, 07:30 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 612 Likes on 300 Posts

Rich first my condolences for your Dad’s passing, don’t underestimate the optimism of Porsche people when it comes to bringing back to use older Porsche cars. I would suggest you take a few pictures to give an idea of condition then I would advertise it mostly local to you, like your PCA region advertising , as it sounds like it is a non runner and will need to be trailered. Also put it up on 924/944 specific web sites like Rennlist and Pelican Parts. Post your pictures here in this thread and give some idea of money you would take, I for one hate ads with no price point.
may your Dad RIP.
Rich
Old 04-13-2024, 08:49 AM
reddott
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Rich for your suggestions. I will get some pictures in a few days after I get the car out of the garage. I'm in northern NJ and will look up the local PCA here and maybe NY if there are more than one. It's something I want to do anyway with a car on order. I would restore it myself but I'm not sure I'm up for the task and really don't have the room to do it. I'd like to find someone who could.

Rich

Quick Reply: What do I do with my dad's 924?