Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
ike229
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 924S vs. Pedestrian

:: Also posted on Pelican ::

Hey everyone!

Its been awhile since ive posted here on the board... mainly because the 924S has been running flawlessly, and ive been pretty busy with school.

Now to the story.

Last night a friend and I decided to take a drive down along daytona beach to see how spring break was coming along. Cruising at about 25 mph when a drunk kid decided to push another drunk kid out into the road in front of me. There was little I could do as this happened right as I was passing the kid... so i threw on the brakes and swerved a bit to the right. The kid hit the front of my car, and proceeded to roll up and take out my windshield. When i got out to see if he was allright, he got up and began to run from the scene. I chased after him as I was dialing in 911 and after a good foot chase, and a hop over a large fence the kid was apprehended. He was handcuffed, and examined my EMS. He kept denying that he was the one that I hit, however his battlescars showed differently. He was given a pedestrian citation and held at fault for the accident, according to the arresting officer.

Today i tried to contact him at no avail, but got through to his parents and explained what had happened. They said they would have no problem paying for the damages (new windshield, and dents and paint on my passenger side front quarter) as long as they were sure that he was the one who came in contact with my car. I am 100% sure that I hit him, although he continues to deny it. I had just waxed the car the day before so it was spotless, and the kid left a perfect handprint on the top of my hood. I tried to get the police to lift the print, however they refused to, saying that they only do prints for criminal investiagations. Another interesting fact is that they would not breathalize him, although he was only 20 and had clearly been drinking.

Hopefully this fully explains what happened, however im sure its not the story in full.

Basically I am really ticked that my baby got bruised up and this kid thinks he can lie and try to get away from paying for the damages to my car. The windshield is being put in tommorow morning at a price of $220 (out of my pocket), and ill take care of the front panel ASAP.

I am a believer that a car is never the same after an accident like this happens. I guess i am a perfectionist, and when the panel is repaired and repainted I have a feeling it wont match well.

Heres a picture of the windshield. The panel damage doesnt show up very well on camera.

Any comments, or legality thoughts would be greatly appreciated. And watch out for inconsiderate drunk assclowns while motoring today.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Race2fast
Track Day

I think you should go out there again, only in a 1978 Lincoln Town car and call the boy out! (just kidding).
Old 03-20-2006, 07:49 PM
redknight_R
Cruisin'

Sue the kid! You had enough evidence to prove he's at fault.

Last edited by redknight_R; 03-20-2006 at 07:53 PM. Reason: type error
Old 03-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Izzy
Three Wheelin'

Get the dents pulled or hammered out, NO BONDO.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:50 PM
cjeckert
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

wow that sucks i hope you get it repaired soon.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:12 PM
87924GT
Racer

Good to see that you're OK! If you need a great Porsche body shop in Orlando, drop me a PM.
Steve E
Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 336 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by ike229
:: ............I am a believer that a car is never the same after an accident like this happens. I guess i am a perfectionist, and when the panel is repaired and repainted I have a feeling it wont match well.......
Don't worry too much. As bad as you think it might be, this is hardly quailifies as an accident.

If you take it to the right place they could fix it as if nothing happened. Call your local paintless dent removal shop. Unless the paint got deeply scratched, chipped or cracked, and the metal is not too streached, they should be able to massage it out withouht even touching the paint surface.

Make sure you can get enough money of of this guy to fix those monstreous cracks on your dash!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:39 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Honestly, I think you should be thanking your lucky stars you aren't being sued for more money then your auto insurance covers you for. No matter who was "at fault".
Old 05-04-2006, 02:59 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend Adam had this happen to him on spring break in Ft Meyers. A drunk chick in a Limo stumbled out and hit his car! He saw her stumbling around on the sidewalk and slowed down almost to a stop, she still hit him. There were a bunch of people that might have caught a glimpse of it saying it was HIS FAULT!. Long story short, the girl sued his insurance company for 100,000.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:52 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock
My friend Adam had this happen to him on spring break in Ft Meyers. A drunk chick in a Limo stumbled out and hit his car! He saw her stumbling around on the sidewalk and slowed down almost to a stop, she still hit him. There were a bunch of people that might have caught a glimpse of it saying it was HIS FAULT!. Long story short, the girl sued his insurance company for 100,000.
Yep. There are words to be said regarding tort reform, but until then, insurance must cover your ASSets.

Quick Reply: 924S vs. Pedestrian