Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYI: Euro Delivery is No Charge for USA customers on all models!

Old 02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
tkids
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up FYI: Euro Delivery is No Charge for USA customers on all models!

Porsche is now offering "Free" European delivery for USA customers on all models! I saw the configurator showing $0 and I confirmed it with Georgia.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Kelderek
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

...while we Europeans have to pay a small fortune to pick up the car at the factory on our own continent!

Not fair!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Nice! The description mentions that it includes a "range of services" including hotel reservations. Wonder if that still means that things like a night's stay in a hotel, cab fare to delivery center, and lunch at the factory resturant are still paid for, or just arranged. You'd still come out well ahead even if you had to pay for that stuff yourself.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 02-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

thats pretty cool, i wish it was like BMW however (~5k off and BOGO plane tickets)

" includes a range of services including transport, hotel reservations and a factory tour."

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsand...imatevacacion/

"Porsche’s all-inclusive program includes factory delivery, shipment of your automobile to North America, marine insurance, collision and third-party insurance. Even the cab fare from the airport to the Porsche factory and one free hotel night is included!"

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsandracing/travelclub/
Old 02-01-2012, 06:27 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice, I really want to do this!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:36 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
thats pretty cool, i wish it was like BMW however (~5k off and BOGO plane tickets)

" includes a range of services including transport, hotel reservations and a factory tour."

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsand...imatevacacion/

"Porsche’s all-inclusive program includes factory delivery, shipment of your automobile to North America, marine insurance, collision and third-party insurance. Even the cab fare from the airport to the Porsche factory and one free hotel night is included!"

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsandracing/travelclub/

The BMW european delivery discount comes out to about 14% off MSRP, so could be a lot better than $5k if you are getting a more expensive car.

The BOGO tickets are a joke as you have to buy an expensive fare class. Most of the time it works out cheaper to buy 2 discounted tickets from the airline.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:40 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by sapman
The BMW european delivery discount comes out to about 14% off MSRP, so could be a lot better than $5k if you are getting a more expensive car.

The BOGO tickets are a joke as you have to buy an expensive fare class. Most of the time it works out cheaper to buy 2 discounted tickets from the airline.
7% off MSRP. Not 14%.

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2012, 09:01 PM
mstams
Racer

BMW euro delivery cars come out of a central allocation, so it does not detract from dealer. This means even better deals are possible.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

That is great news. It is something every car enthusiast MUST have on their bucket list. I did ED on my E46 M3 - was in Eastern Europe temporarily for business - and had an epic time in the Alps, on the Autobahns, and on the Nurburgring. I have been wanting to do it again, but not at Porsche's ridiculous price for the option - and my latest BMW was built here. I hope they stick to this new strategy!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tkids
7% off MSRP. Not 14%.
If you only got 7% you could have done better. It is roughly 14% if you pay $1k over ED invoice. Lots of dealers do this as it doesn't come out of their allocation. Plenty of info on this over on bimmerfest.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

I believe the Porsche ED was about $3k-not much on a $120k car. Free is always better though. I did BMW ED a few years ago. It was one of the best vacations I had- 5 countries in two weeks. I was cursing at around 150 just outside Munich, thinking how cool that was, when a Porsche passed me as if I was doing 50. I bought a Porsche a few months later.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Alstoy
I believe the Porsche ED was about $3k-not much on a $120k car. Free is always better though.
I paid $2250 for Tourist Delivery on my '09 Carrera S. I think it might have been more on the Turbo.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I paid $2250 for Tourist Delivery on my '09 Carrera S. I think it might have been more on the Turbo.
Could you kindly, share more detail? Would love to hear your experience, as this is a consideration for me. Cheers.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Alstoy
Could you kindly, share more detail? Would love to hear your experience, as this is a consideration for me. Cheers.
If you don't want to read any further just take this one piece of advice. If you're a Porschephile, taking delivery of your new Porsche at the factory is an absolute "must do".

I've actually done it 3 times. The first was in '84, when Porsche still gave a discount on TD cars, rather than charging for the privilege. To my great disappointment, the metalworkers union went on strike that summer and they did not go back to work until near the end of our stay in Europe. I got to see my car at the factory but not drive it. I made up for that in '99 when I picked up my 996. Near the end of that trip, after the car had a few miles on it, I put in some laps at the Nurburgring. And then there was the '09 trip when I picked up my current Carrera S, and drove some of the great mountain roads in Austria and Switzerland.

Some of the details of TD have changed but the basic experience is the same. Porsche makes it very easy to do, making all necessary arrangements for 2 weeks of paid insurance coverage and no cost shipment of the car to your dealer. In addition to the price of the car (paid in advance) you will be charged $10K to cover the German VAT. This amount is returned to you upon final delivery of the car (with interest). Figure on 4-6 weeks to have the car shipped back to North America. Although it helps somewhat to have a dealer that is experienced with the TD process, any dealer can handle it.

The day you pick up the car, you feel like a kid making their first trip to Disneyland. After a complimentary night's stay in a first class hotel you take an early morning cab ride (reimbursed by Porsche; keep your receipts) to the factory. You check in at the desk and are offered refreshments. Depending on when your factory tour is scheduled, it comes next. The factory has changed a lot since '84; much more modern and automated but still fascinating. After that you meet the factory rep who introduces you to your car. They will spend an hour or more with you, going over every aspect of the car's operation, answering questions and engaging in conversation about your new Porsche. Then comes a complimentary lunch at the new factory restaurant, a multi-course gourmet affair followed by a visit to the incredible Porsche museum and then the factory showroom across the street, if you want. (who wouldn't?)

It's now mid-afternoon and you're ready to climb in your new car and head out. The rep hands you the keys and a parting gift; we got a nice bottle of Porsche labeled wine. It's been a whirlwind day, and settling into the seat of your new Porsche and firing up the engine seems like the perfect conclusion to it. It's actually been a day of total sensory overload and it will take a while for you to assimilate it all. But it's just the start of your adventure with your new Porsche. From there all the great driving roads and destinations of Europe lie ahead.

Like I said at the top, if you love Porsches, this HAS to be on your bucket list. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Mike in CA; 02-02-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like so much fun, just not sure i guess where each day would take me and i feel it might be difficult to figure out travel arrangements and find hotels and such without the aid of my iphone on my hip. (i always overplan trips)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FYI: Euro Delivery is No Charge for USA customers on all models!