Sponsored by:

Price range

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagbuff
Asking was $4K - Got it for $3750 with the IDF 40 Webers - based on what I have seen, asking is $1-2K for a non-running rust bucket or $7-9K for a nicer car (too nice for the series). Few (decent) cars in between. The verdict on whether is is a good buy will be final when I see it in person, however; I think I did ok since I don't have to pay another $800 for new Webers which a required mod...and the annual premium was $52/yr for comprehensive and $0 deductible - wonder if that covers track damages
I guess as you wipe out a few it'll make the rest of our cars, aka survivors, worth more!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Jagbuff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann
I guess as you wipe out a few it'll make the rest of our cars, aka survivors, worth more!
..I like your glass half full perspective !!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 519 Likes on 278 Posts

I have to agree with Jagbuff on this one. No, i wouldn't carve up a really nice 914, but there are a lot of basket cases that are either 1) going to rot away in someone's field or 2) going to rot away in someone's barn.
If you make a race series out of some of those, it brings the cars back into the forefront, thus making them more desireable, thus making nice examples worth more money!

It's the Porsche way. Race the car, then sell the street versions at a premium price.

I would LOVE to be able to get involved with this series you guys are putting together. But TX is a bit far away....

And if you haven't noticed...I'm not much into Stock 914's anyway...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 12-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be interested in some of those interior parts if you want to dump/sell them. Seats, center console, floor mats, and a few others. I would pay shipping.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Jagbuff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
I would be interested in some of those interior parts if you want to dump/sell them. Seats, center console, floor mats, and a few others. I would pay shipping.
Ok, I'll let you know what stays/goes when I get the car...however, sound like Pete may have dibs on the beer cooling system
Old 12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagbuff
Ok, I'll let you know what stays/goes when I get the car...however, sound like Pete may have dibs on the beer cooling system
Darn right! I've never forgotten the PCA dinner meeting, many years ago in Los Angeles, when a long-time member/racer opened the back trunk lid of his 914 and immediately attracted a large crowd. You guessed it, it was full of beer on ice!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann
Darn right! I've never forgotten the PCA dinner meeting, many years ago in Los Angeles, when a long-time member/racer opened the back trunk lid of his 914 and immediately attracted a large crowd. You guessed it, it was full of beer on ice!
If I saw that the first thing I would think of is that the truck is rusting! I am a sick 914 person, what can I say.

Quick Reply: Price range