Sponsored by:

Comment On AA

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Comment On AA

I've just had a very favorable transaction with Auto Atlanta. I ordered four different items, received two (expected), and two went into B/O.

Last week I found an unexpected small package in the mail; it was one of the two back ordered items! Invoiced and correct, as were the first two items shipped a week or so earlier.

There is no indication that I will receive the fourth item (the single-wire pressure switch on the m/cyl) because it seems to be on some sort of a national back order/possible NLA status.

But, hey, three out of four ain't bad! Thanks for your help, Leo.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even the sun shines on a dogs @$$ once and a while.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Turb-OH Brad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
Even the sun shines on a dogs @$$ once and a while.
LOL.

Leo is good people. I am glad to have worked with him, and we still chat every now and again.

If your backordered part were NLA, you would have been informed by now. Unfortunately, Porsche puts some items on B/O without any ETA. It sucks, but it's part of working with Porsche. A Factory B/O is basically "wait in line, and when we get to you, we will get to you.". Porsche cares very little about producing replacement parts for cars they no longer produce, and as such, your stuff waits for quite a while.

I am glad that things are working for you. When I was at AA, there were several changes being made, and some of them were working.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

WOW! It keeps getting better! I rec'd, via USPS earlier today, a little box from Auto Atlanta. In that box was the brake master/cyl switch that I had ordered a few weeks ago. It was in an old stock Porsche parts box, in perfect condition! Now I can replace that switch, inspect the bottom of the gas tank one more time, and put the front skid plate on. Needless to say, I'm impressed!

Quick Reply: Comment On AA