It's that time of the year again - 6 weeks out - The 34th annual Pittsburgh Vintage grand Prix! This is really becoming a world class car event. Come join hundreds of your fellow p-car enthusiasts as we again gather on the lawn at Schenley Park to enjoy our cars and the races. Now is the time to register and get this event on your calendar.
The PVGP takes place in scenic Schenley Park in the heart of Pittsburgh. This is one of 2 vintage races that occur on public streets in the world, the other being Monaco. It is also a significant charity fundraiser – proceeds are donated through the PVGP to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School.
Here are the highlights of the weekend activities to enjoy:
Friday, July 15:
• Weekend kick-off at the Double Wide restaurant in Cranberry Township PA – our local Club (ARPCA) will host the out of town clubs travelling to participate in the PVGP. This year PCNA is sponsoring, and there will be goody bags given to the first 150 cars! The venue is right next to the hotels and turnpike just North of the City. It will also include a nice impromptu gathering of Porsches of all varieties. All local and distant sharks welcome. Starting at 5 pm to ?
Saturday, July 16:
• International Car Show on the Golf Course – over 2000 cars on display (Jaguar is the PVGP Marque for 2016)
• ARPCA Catered Tailgate Party (starts at 12:00 Noon - open to all participants who register through the ARPCA website and msr)
• Top 10 Peoples’ Choice Concours (open to all Porsches registered through the ARPCA website and msr)
• Cool Auction items
• Vintage Racing Time Trails (come see many classic and vintage Porsches and other great marques participating in the races throughout Schenley Park.)
Sunday, July 17:
• Porsche Car Show
• ARPCA Catered Picnic (starts at 12:00 Noon - open to all participants who register through the ARPCA website and msr)
• Vintage Car Races
In addition, there are many other events taking place in the week and a half up to race weekend, including the big bore historic races at Pitt Race on the weekend before, and the Walnut Street Invitational Car Show, among many other car events.
General prices are as follows:
• Saturday registration for 1 car and TWO people: $85 (includes parking, door prizes, lunch and soft beverages)
• Sunday registration for 1 car and TWO people: $75 (includes parking, door prizes, lunch and soft beverages)
• Both days together registration for 1 car and TWO people: $150 (includes parking, door prizes, lunch each day and soft beverages)
• Additional meal ticket for either day: $20 per person
To Register, go to our Club's website at http://arpca.com/pvgp/2016-pvgp/
. Limitations on refunds apply.
Also, we have a group rate of $109.95 at the Pittsburgh Marriot North in Cranberry Twp, PA. Mention our club (ARPCA) to get the discount. more details on the ARPCA website.
Contact me (Club event chair) with any questions – Ed Rice at email@example.com