My Grandfathers 912

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Adoyle
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Grandfathers 912

Hey All,

My name is Alan and I am looking for my Grandfather's 1966 Bahama Yellow Porsche 912.

History:
My Grandfather purchased it from Mel Crone Porsche in Houston sometime around January of 1967. I believe it was a demo and he traded in his 1957 356 coupe to the service manager. He had all service done at Johnnie Adams Porsche Car Clinic.

The Sale:

My Grandfather passed away in May of 1985 and my father sold it for my grandmother on 8/12/1985. My Father sold it with all reciepts and maintenance history along with it. We were able to track down Mr. Brad who bought it and he owned it unitl 6/18/87. Both Sales happened in South Houston... League City Area.

What We Know/ Think We Know:

Mr. Brad sold the car (with all receipts and records) to a guy who was purcahsing it to turn into a race car (he thinks). He cannot remember if it was trailered off or driven away.

Goal:

Obviously the end goal would be for my Father and I to purchase the car and own if for quite some time. If it was turned into a racecar then there may not be much left of it. Or it may be apart of someones collection and we would atleast like to come see it. My Dad has alot of memories in the car and I would love to see my Father be atleast able to sit in it or something! We have no idea what the VIN is at this point so I know this is a long shot!

Car:
1966 Porsche 912
Color: Bahama Yellow
Interior: Black Carpet with Bahama Yellow Leather (Yes, Bahama Yellow Leather)
5 Gauge Car

Any help or Ideas would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: My Grandfathers 912