Notices
912 Forum 1965-1969

Trying to figure out what this 912 would be worth...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 10:04 PM
STL-guy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to figure out what this 912 would be worth...

Long story, short... my old man passed a away a few years ago and now my mom wants to get rid of his old 1966 912.

He had it rebuilt and added a 911 engine (I think) that had only 27K mi on it in it in 2007. I got the thing running at the end of the summer but the brakes were shot so I had it towed to my buddies shop. He bled the brakes and got everything working for me. It's been on his lot with a car cover on it since then and I'm just now getting around to figuring out what to do with it.

Overall the car is in pretty good condition I'd say. The paint job kinda sucks and it looks like a clown car ahahaha but the interior and the engine look pretty clean.

I have no clue what this thing would be worth or where would be the place to advertise it or where to take it. I checked eBay and the ranges there vary by 30k. Then I have questions like... Should I get it running again and have it detailed or should I sell as is?

This place looked like the perfect spot on the web to come for advice on this vehicle. I'm kind of clueless here so any advice or tips to point me in the right would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

-STL Guy

I've attached some pics from 2014 of the car.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Whoa! The long lost Batmobile 912! That's a lot of gauges.

That is still a 912 engine (four cylinder) but that is completely okay

Tell us about rust, or floor boards (or lack of). Its a 1966 so its worth a good sum (short wheel base). .

Quick Reply: Trying to figure out what this 912 would be worth...