912 Forum 1965-1969

911 SC Brake Warning Light stays on

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Caladonian
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 SC Brake Warning Light stays on

G'day, this my first post as i usually find my answer to my problem and i thought i had but no, this one is a mystery to me.

1978 911 SC RHD (Australian car) the Brake warning light is now staying on (not the handbrake or emergency brake light as it also know). Now I've only had the car a few weeks and i'm slowly but surly fixing up all the things the PO neglected or didn't get time to do.

I had recently replaced the pedal box bushes (what a fun job getting that thing in and outs !) anyway, i noticed the brake and clutch pedals were not aligned and the brake pedal was sitting forward, jumped on here found out what to do and fixed it up in 30 min, went for a test drive and no problems.

Later when I was going to drop my wife off i noticed the Brake warning light was staying on? At first it though it was just the fluid level sensor on the M/C reservoir ... nope all good there? A quick search on the i phone brought up a few posts about the M/C pressure switches... AHH! thats what it will be, so I disconnected them but to no avail the light was still on...

Is there something else that can put that light on? any suggestion welcome.

Mike
Old 06-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Caladonian
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOOPS wrong forum
Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

That's alright.

I would bet you need to reset the brake master cylinder balance sensor. If the sensor sees a failure from either front or rear the light will illuminate. How does that happen? Well say you blew a brake line. Or something as simple as upsetting the sensor while bleeding the brakes. I would bet you recently may have dome some brake work?

You can actually unplug the battery for a period to clear the fault light. Or just re-reset the balance with a proper bleed.

Quick Reply: 911 SC Brake Warning Light stays on