911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

PPI recommendations in/near Mukilteo WA

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 02:11 PM
freesaints
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI recommendations in/near Mukilteo WA

Looking at a '79 930 in Mukilteo WA and am looking for a reputable shop to do the PPI. Anyone have any recommendations for a shop nearby (Lynnwood, Bothell, Everett)? Seattle's about 25 miles away so not sure if that's an option for most shops...

Much appreciated!

Andrew
Old 02-15-2017, 06:35 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

I would call John Walker @ John Walker's Workshop. He is very active over on Pelican, great guy and knows 930's inside and out. You can tell him Nathan sent you.

PM me if you need more help.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 AM
freesaints
Advanced

Thanks! I actually spoke to John yesterday based on someone else's recommendation also. Great guy and pretty straightforward. He said he didn't have the capacity for a couple of weeks and gave me the names of a few other guys in the area. Looking into those also and if it takes longer than I expect, I'll definitely revisit John and mention you. Thanks again.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:04 AM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

Your other good choices would be: Akers (talk to Mark), Cantrell Motorsports (talk to Jeff), Squire's Autowerkes (talk to Jason) or Chris' German (talk to John).
Old 02-16-2017, 11:11 AM
freesaints
Advanced

Spoke with Chris at Chris' German, Akers is on my list for today. John Walker didn't mention Cantrell or Squires but thanks for the heads up. I also spoke with Mike at Redmond European, seemed like a cool dude too. Have you heard of them?
Old 02-17-2017, 12:42 PM
TideRace
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO, you have a great list there already. I have lots of positive experience with both Mark Akers and the folks at Chris Powell's shop. Regarding Redmond European and PPI, I personally would not use them for that. I purchased a 964 a couple years ago that had gone through PPI at Redmond and they missed a ton of stuff from end to end on the car. Could have been an anomaly but Aker's and Chris' will take good care of you.

Quick Reply: PPI recommendations in/near Mukilteo WA