Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Did Special Wishes sell slant nose parts to dealers before 1985? Or were they SW only

Old 03-28-2016, 01:42 PM
LP500
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Slantnose 930 Turbo

I recently purchased a slant nose conversion 930, owned by one owner since new. This was the interesting story after speaking with him:

One-owner Porsche 930, original owner since early 1986.

-Ordered 6 Months ahead of 930 re-release to American Markets in 1986, California delivery.

-Due for delivery in early 1986.

-The original owner was Sylvestor Stallone's business manager at that time. Stallone had recently converted his similar 930 to a slantnose due to lack of availability of the Special Wishes 930s.

-Upon delivery, Stallone 'busted his *****' and further encouraged the new owner to begin a no expense spared conversion using 'original German
delivered factory steel'.

-In early 1986 the Turbo was fully converted to the tune of $28,000 +original
purchase price of the car.

-The original owner recalls the first time the two cars were
parked next to one another and the comments from Stallone.

This car has been a slantnose since new. I have to assume that the parts used are Alan Johnson original parts. The car currently has 53k original miles. Matching number and lots of originality.

Does anyone out there remember a Stallone Conversion Car in 1986 that would be similar to mine?

Thanks
D.R.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:32 PM
WERK-I
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to let all the subscribers of this thread get some updated information. As you all may be aware of, Porsche created a Porsche Classic division designed in penetrating the market for original Porsche parts and accessories for the early air-cooled's. They have found records for the Sonderwunsch project builds assigned to the various projects. When I exchanged emails with one of the leads of the project, he stated this information will be made available through Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) during the Certificate of Authenticity Program process. My suggestion to all of you trying to determine the authenticity of your slants, is at the time of requesting a CoA, state to PCNA that you believe this vehicle to be a Sonderwunsch vehicle. They will have to contact Germany to get more information. At the time when I was trying to get info (December '15), Porsche was in the process of converting paper docs to a more useable/retrievable method.....so be patient. Porsche Cars North America sent me a letter stating my VIN as a genuine Sonderwunsch car. They weren't able to authenticate the optional 330 BHP at the time of the request, since all record transfer hadn't been completed. In time, I suspect most everything involved in the build process will be found.

There's a pretty robust thread on slantnoses on the Pelican Parts web site; Ultimate Slantnose Thread
Good luck!

Last edited by WERK-I; 04-20-2016 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added link
Old 04-20-2016, 04:36 PM
aacar22
4th Gear

Is there someone in particular that you spoke with? I just called and the guy wasn't aware of any additional information. I have documentation from the factory that the vehicle is in fact a special wishes slant nose but don't have it printed on the COA.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:12 PM
WERK-I
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my correspondence was through the CoA group. I contacted them explaining that I had purchased the CoA on my car years ago and it stated no Sunderwunsch options. Explained to them that I believed it was a Sonderwunsch and Germany may have more information on the VIN I provided.
CoA group assigned a Case Number to my request and they then went to work on it. When I received a letter from PCNA stating the VIN in question is an authentic Sonderwunsch optioned vehicle, they also stated that since the Sonderwunsch is basically a Porsche backdoor optioned vehicle, the only things that will appear on the CoA are the options installed on the Porsche assembly line.
Contact coa@porsche.us for more recent information.
Old 04-27-2021, 12:51 PM
SPOC
1st Gear

Default 911SC Flatnose

Sir

i have just joined the site after searching for information on a car I’ve recently acquired.

It is a 1978 911SC according to the plate under the front cover and has an all steel body. There was some anecdotal evidence that the car was converted in California but nothing other than rumour.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Originally Posted by onboost
That would be spot on..

They did not offer to dealers.. Thru1985 Special Wishes cars were all in-house builds, to include those that were ordered or those brought in to be modded..

Although, at some point in time, as a dealer here in the US, Alan Johnson Racing was allowed to sell factory conversion parts for the slant nose. My catalogs for this are and related info are dated 3/87..

However, the car In question is a RoW model

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did Special Wishes sell slant nose parts to dealers before 1985? Or were they SW only