911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

930 interior work

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:50 AM
kylew
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 930 interior work

I've decided to take on a bit of a winter project. I'm going to be replacing my dash pad, headliner, rear deck, sun roof cables, carpeting and door panels this winter.

I'm going to be doing the work myself. I have a nice heated shop to get all the work done.

I'll post more pictures when I get the car moved into the shop and get the windows out
Attached Images      
Old 10-25-2014, 02:04 AM
Mistergee
Advanced

Good Project,
ill be watching this pls post lots of pics as you go!
ill need to do the same to mine soon
Old 10-25-2014, 09:52 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

You should replace that camera while your are at it. love that color btw. Keep us posted.

No way to save the dash?
Old 10-26-2014, 01:26 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kylew
I've decided to take on a bit of a winter project.
Is that an '87 in Summer Yellow?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would be interested in the steps needed to remove the dash. Would like to have mine recovered some day.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:51 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Houghton
Would be interested in the steps needed to remove the dash. Would like to have mine recovered some day.
Mark 86-89 no windshield removal is needed to remove the dash. I did it twice on mine. The dash has 7 bolts with 8mm nuts(iirc). Easier with the steering wheel off and gauges pushed out . You will need a long adapter(better with an 8mm magnetic socket) that can hold an 8mm nut. Three of the nuts will be removed through the front trunk(using the long adapter)...oh and a small ratchet and open wrench with a ratcheting end...again in 8mm.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speednme
Mark 86-89 no windshield removal is needed to remove the dash. I did it twice on mine. The dash has 7 bolts with 8mm nuts(iirc). Easier with the steering wheel off and gauges pushed out . You will need a long adapter(better with an 8mm magnetic socket) that can hold an 8mm nut. Three of the nuts will be removed through the front trunk(using the long adapter)...oh and a small ratchet and open wrench with a ratcheting end...again in 8mm.
Thanks much! I figured it couldn't be too tough a job, but never having done it....who knows? That is the value of this forum and folks like you sharing their experiences. I've got a crack showing up on the dash and eventually will have it recovered. But first a whole $hitload of other stuff I need to sort out this winter, once I have my house back (supposed to be a week from now....been damn near 10 months since the carnage).
Old 12-12-2014, 05:49 AM
andi_930
5th Gear

Would be really interested to learn from your experience. I am also debating what to do about my 82 930's leather dash as the leather has contracted quite a bit over time. Are you going to maintain the old leather or replace?
Old 12-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Harvey Harding
1st Gear

Default Value of 1977 Porsche 930 Turbo?

I have a 1977 Porsche 930 Turbo. I am curious of it's value.
It has 24,000 original miles (yes only 24,000 original miles).
Engine was completely rebuilt at 23,500 miles. -for age (car is over 30 years old), no other reason.
Paint and interior are in excellent museum quality.
Ordered special without sunroof from factory.
Everything on car is original, all options were put on car when ordered (full leather, etc).
Disc breaks, transmission and pretty much everything else on car has been either rebuilt to new or checked to make sure it is in 100% perfect condition.
Car is truly a museum piece, never been raced or driven in rain.

Guards red w/ black trim. Full black leather interior.

Just curious what it is worth.
thanks!

Used Car Parts
Old 12-13-2014, 09:58 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvey Harding
I have a 1977 Porsche 930 Turbo. I am curious of it's value. It has 24,000 original miles (yes only 24,000 original miles). Engine was completely rebuilt at 23,500 miles. -for age (car is over 30 years old), no other reason. Paint and interior are in excellent museum quality. Ordered special without sunroof from factory. Everything on car is original, all options were put on car when ordered (full leather, etc). Disc breaks, transmission and pretty much everything else on car has been either rebuilt to new or checked to make sure it is in 100% perfect condition. Car is truly a museum piece, never been raced or driven in rain. Guards red w/ black trim. Full black leather interior. Just curious what it is worth. thanks! Used Car Parts
You may want to post this in your own thread.

Also what you could do is post on eBay with a very high reserve and see what the car goes for. I would say it is a 120k plus car may be even on the low side. if it is stock and is truly a museum quality car.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:01 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
You may want to post this in your own thread.

Also what you could do is post on eBay with a very high reserve and see what the car goes for. I would say it is a 120k plus car may be even on the low side. if it is stock and is truly a museum quality car.
Great minds think alike

Quick Reply: 930 interior work