Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

New paint..lets see the color

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:37 PM
porsche2fst4you
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I get time I will put a pic up of a side veiw..the wheels do look good..they are custom made 18's. It will get bigger brakes on it sooner or later. I plan on doing coil overs..et. so it will get them then. Love the ORANGE THOUGHT..but then the interior would have to be ripped out. Anyone ever done anything or seen one with a color change paint on it? Am thinking of a silver called spectra lusion from kustom kolors.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:39 PM
porsche2fst4you
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fullquack
Yep...gotta loose the clown shoes!
Don't get me wrong I like newer rims & can't stand ugly hot wheels fuchs, they just need to be size appropriate.
But what do I know...I have staggerd wheel sizes on mine..so go figure!
Mark
I do kinda like what you did with your wheels...does it drive ok? I suppose you had to get it re-balanced right
Old 12-21-2009, 12:30 AM
fullquack
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The car drives great, running the 17" fronts with 45 series tires and the 18" rears with 35 series, eqautes out to a good balance on rolling diameters. Yet running the 18's on the rear gives me far greater choices of tires to buy. Anything wider than a 275 in 17" tires is getting to be slim pickings, and it won't be getting any better in the future. I'm presently running B.F.G. KDW's
Of course the car was corner balanced and re-aligned upon fitment. I've got 20K miles on this set-up with no complaints.
Mark
Old 12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
porsche2fst4you
Intermediate

Thats why I did the 18's...didnt think to change it up on the front though..too bad I spent so much on the wheels or I would go back and get fronts made.
No amount of rubber seems to help with these friggin cold roads though. Its not even worth driving when the temps drop to 60 or so..does nothing but spin.

Quick Reply: New paint..lets see the color