Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Imagine Auto

Interesting thread.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...my-car-ia.html
Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, sometimes bad things happen to good people though, I think Stephen had his back up against the wall and was getting desperate, I do not think he is all bad though.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. Here is what I posted on pelican FWIW.

IA Porsche Doc is a past employee who is also a good friend and hung with me as the ship has gone down even though he doesn't get paid. In regards to Suman, there are two sides to every story. I refused to take any more money from him for the fear this would happen and he would get nothing in return and therefore he got mad and started this thread. There is lots more but not worth getting into.

As far as me being banned, yes I no longer wanted to be a sponsor and even though I started as a member and was one of the orginal people to help establish the board I was banned because my screen name is something associated with past iA. Regardless of the fact I never really used the board as a tool for the business. I have always just wanted to help. Rennlist did the same but my banned was lifted as I have been with them since it was Porsche Fans in the early 90s as an email board. Long before iA was even a thought.

I am officially closed as of Monday. I have been moving stuff and helping customers and transports get their cars as they all have known for about a month and a half.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 AM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave,

Have an agenda posting this? You posted the same thing on the Pelican site and we all know your feelings.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts

Don't know Stephen or any of the angry parties that have posted on 6speed but I do suspect there are two sides to every story. Although its a bummer that there is some "collateral damage" as Imagine Auto closes, I suspect those people's anguish pales in comparison to what it would feel like to lose a business that you had invested time, money, and passion in.

Best of luck to everybody involved.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
Dave,

Have an agenda posting this? You posted the same thing on the Pelican site and we all know your feelings.
Yes I do
Old 04-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Falk930
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm, too bad that this experienced and helpfull shop close the doors.
I dont know anything about your story Dave, I cant cause I am far.
Only I experienced IA as exactly that source lots of us need for our cars.
My overseas experience with IA was perfect, they helped me with turbo
charger questions, some other problems and the few parts I bought there
are perfect. All together a great and especially helpfull shop.

I cant imagine that they will not give your car back to you.
It seems they have problems, but I am sure they will give their
best to solve the situation. At least thats how I felt IA.

Falk
Old 04-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

I can only add to the positive side of the ledger regarding Stephen. I have dealt with him for the past five years and had nothing but good experiences as I built up my '79 930. It's terrible that the general economy is hurting good, small companies. Stephen has always seemed to be a stand-up guy and it would be surprising indeed to see his behavior change in such a radical and negative way.

Toby
Old 04-09-2009, 05:52 PM
jayhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default iA

Living close by, we knew this was happening and it saddened all of us. Those of us here in KC consider Stephen and his family friends and wish them only the best.

I was at the shop several times over the last few weeks and I can assure everyone, what was foremost in Stephen's mind was making sure that all his customers were not harmed by the forces that were working against him. During this unbelievable stressful time for him, he graciously agreed to allow the new owner of my 965 to keep the car there for a week or so before it was transported as I was too chicken to have the car stay at my house after the sale because I was afraid I would drop a ladder on it or something. He didn't ask me for anything and I don't even think the new guy has paid him for his trouble even now. He personally searched his stockroom looking for a WUR that I left there more than a year ago to be sure I got it back.

Stephen: as we have discussed, every single successful person in history has had ups and downs in life and in business. What separates the real successes from the posers is moving forward, not giving up and keeping ones priorities in order.

You will be fine, it is us that will suffer for having you a little "out of the limelight". Have a good summer with your boys and keep in touch!

Bob
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Olli
Racer

Real sorry to hear about this Stephen. I hope you bounce back real soon and continue with what you do best. Maybe this break will allow you to regroup and when the time is right again for a new endeavour, focus on those things that worked the best in iA and obviously drop the rest.

I appreciate all the help and free advice you gave when I was doing my modifications. Best of luck to you and your family.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:04 AM
kens911
Burning Brakes

Well i appreciate all the help i have always got the best service and parts were always shipped ontime and arrived in perfect condition. I called earlier in the week with a question and got all the info I needed with no mention of the fact that they were closing. Best of luck and I am impatiently waiting for your new shop wherever and whenver that is opens.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
930chas
Instructor

Damn, that is depressing news. Stephen built my '87 930 and there was no one in the industry I trusted more. He went over and beyond the call of duty to make sure everything was right on the car. A man with his talents and integrity will be back. Best of luck, Stephen.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:06 PM
c2pilot
6th Gear

I'm a 911 newbie...but knew and heard of IA (specifically Stephen) through the local PCA chapter. I bought a 964 C2 cabrio last year that needed a lot of engine work. Stephen graciously took it on in January of this year. I had no idea at the time that his business was compromised...and did'nt until I called him on Tuesday of this week.

I can certainly sympathize with his current situation, and I can also vouch for the fact that he's doing everything he can to make me feel at ease about my investment. Mine is one of the few cars still sitting unfinished in Lenexa...awaiting parts and labor. He is working with me to find a way to get the car completed (at his home!)...ultimately following through with his commitment. This is commendable given the business situation he's in.

I told him today on the phone I don't mess with these forums often (as he was concerned about how difficult things are on here for him right now - always two sides..), but after talking with him I thought it just that I let everyone know he's working with me to make things right. I suspect he will do the same for all of his customers, given time to work through the BS he is dealing with. Sometimes we all have to give a little..in this case it's patience.

Stephen - I look forward to driving my car home from KC.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:21 PM
MO Shark
Advanced

What?! So sorry to hear that! I have nothing but good things to say about iA. Stephen and his team have made owning my first Porsches fun. Best of luck to you.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:50 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

I like the way that Suman complains about Stephen after Stephen refuses to take more money from him.

IOW, Suman is happy to pay him more money to fix his car. Doesn't sound like Stephen is not trusted to me.

Best wishes to you and your family Stephen in this terrible recession.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto