Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Official 930 --> 935 'RSR' Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:13 PM
CSquared2k
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a non-moving pic of the wheels?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:07 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Interesting update guys, after talking with the wife she has convinced me to go all the way on the motor.

We're going to go with an EFI twin turbo setup along with the twin plug we were already doing. More updates on this later.

This pushes the finished product back until May-June for completion. The bodywork & Interior will be totally done by January with many updates in between then and now.

I just ordered a A.I.R. GTR tail & GTR winged rocker panels and for the top wing blade I'll be using a 70" predator unit from GT Racing.

So I'll have the DP tail for when I don't want a lot of attention, and the GTR setup for when I want to go fast.

CSquared2k: Will this pic work for you? Sorry about the last one, I didn't realize the wheels were moving (didn't look closely).
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Parts:

Just had the best experience EVER with Mark Hargett @ Hargett Precision buying the 930 shift setup & linkage kit. Mark is really one of the best vendors I've ever delt with.

Just purchased the aluminum floor panels, adjustable throttle/pedal kit from our wonderful host.

Rebel Racing Products 911 R tail lights with LED's are on the way.

I've been speaking with a guy in Germany about carbon fiber interior trim etc. I got his email from Rennlist on the 993tt board, he does quality stuff.

The following pictures are what I'm purchasing from him, however my door panels will not have speakers. He speaks very little english but is a great guy, I believe he's the one that supplies FVD with their carbon parts. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes. SmileWavy

Old 10-24-2007, 08:27 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love it when a plan comes together! Keep us posted on the progress.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:55 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Guns951
Parts:
I've been speaking with a guy in Germany about carbon fiber interior trim etc. I got his email from Rennlist on the 993tt board, he does quality stuff.

Guns.. dude Share the wealth.. I'm loving the CF. Think I've heard of the guy but have never found the contact info for him. I'm after that carbon fiber dash pieces as well and I do like the threshold plates as too!

Wonder if he has the end pieces for earlier cars through 85? If you look at the left and right end pieces you'll see they are cut for the larger (86>on) a/c vents.

Looks like that plaything of yours is coming together!

P-
Old 10-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Thanks guys, well the parts part is getting done! Just gave the body shop word to go ahead and shave the drip rails, did my research and they agree it will make the car look that much smoother.

onboost: send an email to Marcus, that's a great question (I almost bought the wrong dash kit) so we'll see how this goes!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:47 AM
WERK-I
Pro

Interesting update guys, after talking with the wife she has convinced me to go all the way on the motor.
Man, you are one of the lucky few!!!
There's nothing like having the significant other on the sidelines cheering you on.
Continued success.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:16 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

wow guns the project just keeps getting better and better. We all await your updates like the new first 1/4 sales figures.

its quite funny. Great job and keep it up.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:28 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks guys, well the parts part is getting done! Just gave the body shop word to go ahead and shave the drip rails, did my research and they agree it will make the car look that much smoother.

onboost: send an email to Marcus, that's a great question (I almost bought the wrong dash kit) so we'll see how this goes!

Guns.. what's the email address for Marcus? Also le me know how it goes for the getting the correct dash parts.

Thanks,
Old 10-26-2007, 07:47 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Guns...please be so kind to start another thread entitled "How I got My wife to let me go all the way with the Motor"...I think many here would appreciate knowing the trick to getting your significant other to let you spend $$.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:20 PM
CSquared2k
Instructor

CSquared2k that would be awesome!!!

1st pic is the wheels

2nd pic is the body work (minus holes in hood & hood pins, don't use the rear wing on the martini car either)

3rd & 4th pic is the wing setup I'm getting with a top wing element 70" wide (to match the width of the bodywork).

If you can do all of that I would be forever grateful. If you need anything else email me @ guns951@gmail.com

Guns,

I just got the blueprint for the Martini 935 so I will start building it out this week. If you have a blueprint for the wing that would be great, otherwise I will be eye-balling it.

Chris
Old 10-26-2007, 08:27 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That carbon fiber gave me a chubby. Does the guy make them for our cars? Way to go Guns. I'm not surprised the wife was cool about the whole thing. Great girl.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:35 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Joe, I wish he did that stuff for the 951's but he doesn't. He does one kit for the 911's and that's it. However there are some guys in California that will wrap the plastic pieces in carbon, that's how Porsche does it on the interior bits for the GT3, so no shame in it.

Onboost: you have a PM.

John, thanks man - I just can't wait to get some body pics! I'm chomping at the bit to see the progress. I think the 911's body is envyous of yours and wants bigger bulges too! YOU'RE doing a great job, keep it up!

Werk1, thanks for the kind words - I just hope things continue as planned so I can be done with it in July.

My wife is an amazing woman and she understands that if you're already spending intense amounts of cash, that the more compromises you make to have a project be more economical, you wind up with a product few enjoy and most ridicule, including the person who put it all together.

I think the secret to a wife being so cooperative is I don't keep anything hidden from her, she's part of the decision process on many things and I make sure I take care of her and the house first. If a part I want costs $5k and I can get a different version that I don't really want for $500 bucks, she'd rather I complete my dream and get what I think will make the project sparkle.

We make the big decision's together, such as the motor setup and she knows I value her feedback.

I have a vision and a passion about my projects that she sees is real, and as such shows how much she loves me by allowing me to build what's in my mind's eye. I won the lottery as far as marriage goes, she's my soulmate.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:19 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Originally Posted by CSquared2k
Guns,

I just got the blueprint for the Martini 935 so I will start building it out this week. If you have a blueprint for the wing that would be great, otherwise I will be eye-balling it.

Chris

Sorry Chris, no blueprint, but here are some extra photos for you. The wing width will be 2" shorter than the body work per side.

On the wing end caps I photoshopped the last pic to show them hanging down about 8" or so, this is how I will have them done on the car.

You don't need to do drip rails as those are being shaved off, and along with the wing there will be rocker panels added that are on the yellow car.

Hope this helps, and again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing this for me. BTW I'm sending you an email about another project.
Attached Images     

Last edited by Guns951; 10-27-2007 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Official 930 --> 935 'RSR' Project