911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Fabcar shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 08:13 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Fabcar shifter?

Anybody ever use the Fabczr shifter in their 930? Any knowledge about it?

Being a little taller, I have my seat set pretty far back and find it hard to shift into 3rd sometimes at the track in certain situations. I saw the Fabcar shifter at the track in a students car and it look like it brought the shifter back and up, making it easier to reach/shift it looked like.

They aren't cheap, but then I'm killing third gear. It would be cheaper to buy this than repair the tranny once a year.

Late post last night. Corrected the mfg.
Attached Images  

Last edited by A930Rocket; 12-30-2004 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:33 PM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's is Fabcar,not Fabspeed,two completely different companies,cheers,Sonny.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:06 PM
motorhead
Intermediate

Fabspeed????

The Fabcar shifter is nice but I would look into Hargetts new shifter. it is all billet and uses the highest quality materials for the bearing surfaces. I think it is a major step up from the Fabcar and it cost less.

Here is the URL to their site.
http://www.hargettprecision.com
Old 01-03-2005, 09:23 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Yeah...I know it's not Fabspeed. Hargett doesn't have a shifter for the 930 yet and their G50 shifter is only $150 less than the Fabcar.

Originally Posted by motorhead
Fabspeed????

The Fabcar shifter is nice but I would look into Hargetts new shifter. it is all billet and uses the highest quality materials for the bearing surfaces. I think it is a major step up from the Fabcar and it cost less.

Here is the URL to their site.
http://www.hargettprecision.com
Old 01-03-2005, 10:12 PM
motorhead
Intermediate

He has a prototype done and is being tested. I would not be surprised if the testing is done and the tooling is finalized. The materials and machining is far superior than the Fabcar unit. Give him and inquire, I'm sure he will let you know more. I can't wait for my custom unit for my G50. "G"
Old 01-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hargett did mention in another forum that he was building a shifter for the 930, I think he's got a pic of it on his site.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Brent 930
Racer

Unless your car is strictly for track I wouldn't use it. You will have to remove your heater console to install it.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Natchamp
Intermediate

Hey guys, yes I will have a 930 shifter soon. Sorry I don't have an ETA, I've been working on CIS to EFI injector blocks too. Probably @ a month.

Brent, which shifter are you referring to? Mine does not require any removal of the heater console or e-brake. It bolts directly to the same holes as the e-brake itself leaving it intact. I think (?) in some of the later years there is a larger plastic cover for the heater controls that might be in the way but I'm not entirely sure.

If anyone wants to be a beta tester please sontact me off list. It needs to be tested thouroughly before I will release it. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:15 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Nat,

Send one to me if you want it street and track tested. The track is really where I need it the most though.

I have the automatic heater so there is a larger plastic rectangular console behind the handbrake. It would be interesting to see how it works with this. Doesn't sound like the Fabcar does.

Looking at your pics, it does move it up AND back? I need both.

Jim

Originally Posted by Natchamp
Hey guys, yes I will have a 930 shifter soon. Sorry I don't have an ETA, I've been working on CIS to EFI injector blocks too. Probably @ a month.

Brent, which shifter are you referring to? Mine does not require any removal of the heater console or e-brake. It bolts directly to the same holes as the e-brake itself leaving it intact. I think (?) in some of the later years there is a larger plastic cover for the heater controls that might be in the way but I'm not entirely sure.

If anyone wants to be a beta tester please sontact me off list. It needs to be tested thouroughly before I will release it. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:11 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Same goes for me Mark, I'd be more than happy to test. Like Jim, I do all of my driving on the track, or at least 95% of it, so it would get a true workout.

Brian

Quick Reply: Fabcar shifter?