Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Speaking of performance upgrades.
Attached Images   
Old 01-12-2017, 06:59 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

coils on the rear, and not on the front?

And you have some rust on your rotors.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Stopped in to see Gonzo....OK, I am at Gonzo's place and I have a question about the clip groove. The 784 does not have a top clip groove, only the third groove. What did you do about that? He has a suggestion, but what, Joe, what did you do?
Old 01-12-2017, 09:55 PM
stlrj
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They work fine without clips. I never had a problem since the fuel rails are bolted down they have nowhere to go.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by rusnak
coils on the rear, and not on the front?

And you have some rust on your rotors.
Oh, sure, take a three year vacation and then come back and talk your smack. In the rear I still have my stock T-bars. I was told Sanders bars would be $800+ down and a six month wait. F that, I did what the factory did for far far less cash and was done in a couple weeks and it is awesomeness. Juan at Bilstein Poway knew exactly what I needed.

Anyway, Gonzo set up a side by side comparison of a stock injectors, the 703, and the 784 and visually there is no different between the 4 nozzle injectors....But wow were they different t than the stock injectors. At 900 cycles the stock is spitting a single stream that splashes off the bottom of the test tube while the others are still producing a fog. Go up to 9,000 cycles and the difference is still clear as the one sprays a cone of fuel and the others produce more fog. Really hope this translates to a better and stronger running engine.
Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2017, 01:58 PM
stlrj
Instructor

You're so fortunate to have Gonzo and his little friend on your side. I'm so jealous.

Cheers,

Joe
Old 01-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by stlrj
You're so fortunate to have Gonzo and his little friend on your side. I'm so jealous.

Cheers,

Joe
LOL. The tool box is mine... I've also got the good fortune of having a pawn shop around the corner from my office.

Gonzo said there are several solutions to the grove clip problem. He said most guys will put a second O-ring on the lower portion of the injector in the higher of the two lower grooves. It acts as a stopper to help hold the injector up higher in the manifold and fuel rail.
Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2017, 04:25 PM
stlrj
Instructor

Originally Posted by Amber Gramps
Gonzo said there are several solutions to the grove clip problem. He said most guys will put a second O-ring on the lower portion of the injector in the higher of the two lower grooves. It acts as a stopper to help hold the injector up higher in the manifold and fuel rail.

It's really not necessary, believe me.

Joe
Old 01-13-2017, 05:14 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm liking the sound of these injectors more and more... what's the adaptor look like? Can you pls post a pic of that Amber?
Old 01-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
I'm liking the sound of these injectors more and more... what's the adaptor look like? Can you pls post a pic of that Amber?
Look at the picture I posted of the six injectors....They all have adapters plugged into them. Very nice OE looking piece that clips right on and is un-noticeable. You guys are gonna make me put them in this weekend, aren't you?

Ya know what would be cool? .....to put my car back on the dyno over at Bisimoto (two blocks from my office) and do a few more pulls with the new injectors and compare the torque and HP to my dyno runs there last year.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:46 AM
stlrj
Instructor

Originally Posted by porsche0nut

They're listed as EV1 to EV6 adapters on Amazon or Ebay.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:03 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Amber Gramps
Look at the picture I posted of the six injectors....They all have adapters plugged into them. Very nice OE looking piece that clips right on and is un-noticeable. You guys are gonna make me put them in this weekend, aren't you?

Ya know what would be cool? .....to put my car back on the dyno over at Bisimoto (two blocks from my office) and do a few more pulls with the new injectors and compare the torque and HP to my dyno runs there last year.

Now you know you have to....

Thx... you're right they're so OE looking I didn't even notice in the pic they were already on. I like!
Old 01-14-2017, 04:04 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thinking more about the hot idle problem. You're measuring oil temp, or head temp/ exhaust temp/ cat or test pipe temp?

I used to regularly scan all of the above with an infrared thermometer in order to see if oil temp was tracking with overall temperatures.

If oil is hot, then you can have a blocked thermostat, oil cooler, lines, or rare and therefore probably not the case, but worn main bearings.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Do you ever feel dirty when you modify your Porsche? Today, after exactly 90 minutes and 3/4 of a Norco, I am so stoked I can't stand it. This is a glorious mod. Car sounds bitchin' smooth. Easy install and she fired right up. Went directly to a smooth idle and there is a lot less popcorn on decel after snapping the throttle. Can't wait to take her out. Unfortunately I spent yesterday removing about 100 roof tiles, laying down new OSB, tar paper, and reinstalling the tile on my roof. Got a heck of a mess to clean up.

Cell phone pics I hope tell the story ok
Attached Images        
Old 01-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Got a nice path cleared on the side of the house so I could take the car out. Tapped the key and she fired right back up, like instantly. Car was still cold as I wound my way out of the neighborhood and I was thinking I was going to be disappointed at first. Nope, she's awesome. Smother as silk at low RPM all the way up. Off idle its a different car. It never ran this nice. This would be perfect for a street car or daily driver. Wife will approve, no question.

The real testing began as I got on the freeway. The on-ramp has always been my barometer and this time she did OK. Zero to about 115 before hitting the freeway. It's long and mostly downhill, but I think that is a tad better than usual. I got off a couple exits down with the car now good and warm and up the canyon I went. Nice and smooth, not at all the same raspy firecracker that usually pushes me up that hill. Went through the tunnels and turned around a couple miles up pulling off on a turnout. Happy, but thinking there has got to be more. Yep,....

On the way up I couldn't help but wonder what number setting my Multi-Board was set at. My chip has multiple programs on it. For arguments sake lets call them "stock", 91 octane, 92 octane, and 93 octane, plus a few other settings. The switch was set at one, where Bisi had left it after the last dyno run. I switched it to "3" or 93 octane. OMG did I unleash the hounds of hell!!! It's a firecracker. The throttle response high up in the RPM's is lightning fast. My chip cuts fuel well beyond 7,000 on my tach and it's strong all the way. Not a single flat spot all the way up. Ya, I'm running hot fuel, but I've also had the same plugs for several years and could use a valve adjustment. All I know is that this was well worth the $100 entry fee.

Can''t wait to push the car on hot tires. Today all I was really able to do was on-ramp testing. Second on-ramp was a 270 degree right-hand turn that has a long second gear climb. Car was flawless. Freeway entry speed was right at 120 MPH. Could not have handled more.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You....
Attached Images  

Last edited by Amber Gramps; 01-15-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Quick Reply: 3.2 performance