Need a good paint shop in Atlanta for a re-spray

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 05:00 PM
jclanin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a good paint shop in Atlanta for a re-spray

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good auto body/paint shop in Atlanta. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Jim
Old 08-17-2016, 04:30 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry if OT, but what does a high-end respray cost normally? Been looking at all condition 3.2s and a beater w respray might be a good option.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:28 PM
Aspen Autosports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
Sorry if OT, but what does a high-end respray cost normally? Been looking at all condition 3.2s and a beater w respray might be a good option.
I'm just guessing here because its not my forte however I would think about 30k for a bare metal respray, but I have heard of 60-100k resprays depending on who does it.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:11 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aspen Autosports
I'm just guessing here because its not my forte however I would think about 30k for a bare metal respray, but I have heard of 60-100k resprays depending on who does it.
sorry, i meant for the respray itself, not for the whole car. was thinking of buying a 3.2 with rough paint, getting it resprayed and doing a bit of an outlaw version.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:45 AM
Aspen Autosports
Former Vendor

sorry, i meant for the respray itself, not for the whole car. was thinking of buying a 3.2 with rough paint, getting it resprayed and doing a bit of an outlaw version.
Yes I am talking about the respray itself.

I am sure that varies based on area but in the North East that is about what it is going for. I very roughly priced out a color change and it was about 30k. That was to do a correct color change where the engine compartment, door jams, and front trunk would have been sprayed as well.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:59 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 38 Posts

$30k just seems nuts to me. That's crazy money. And please don't think I'm doubting you, that price just kills me. How much would it cost to pay someone to drop the windows and remove the sunroof? I'm sure I could do the rest (sand, prime, paint) no problem.

And back to the OP's question - what's a good paint shop in the ATL area for a respray?
Old 08-18-2016, 12:08 PM
Aspen Autosports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1stgear
$30k just seems nuts to me. That's crazy money. And please don't think I'm doubting you, that price just kills me. How much would it cost to pay someone to drop the windows and remove the sunroof? I'm sure I could do the rest (sand, prime, paint) no problem.

And back to the OP's question - what's a good paint shop in the ATL area for a respray?
I know you aren't doubting me. North East has a ridiculous cost of living. I know the current owner of the original RUF Yellow bird and he had a complete chassis respray/restoration done by an incredible shop, 100k later it looks good as new.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:15 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aspen Autosports
Yes I am talking about the respray itself. I am sure that varies based on area but in the North East that is about what it is going for. I very roughly priced out a color change and it was about 30k. That was to do a correct color change where the engine compartment, door jams, and front trunk would have been sprayed as well.
Sweet Jesus, I was afraid you were going to say that. Good thing I live here in San Francisco where we have a low cost of living and everything is priced fairly. I'm sure the same respray would only be 45k. Lol
Old 08-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Aspen Autosports
Former Vendor

Sweet Jesus, I was afraid you were going to say that. Good thing I live here in San Francisco where we have a low cost of living and everything is priced fairly. I'm sure the same respray would only be 45k. Lol
Gotta love America! lol
Old 08-26-2016, 12:02 PM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

I could be totally out of touch....but 30K for a respray is crazy. If the OP was talking about a no miles, concours condition car needing a respray, then OK. I think he wants a "normal" 911 resprayed. I am going to say $15K should get you a nice paint job. I would try to avoid a shop charging $125 per hour for that work. Look for a shop that knows these cars so they are not learning how to disassemble a Porsche on your car and has a knowledgable man to disassemble and an apprentice who can do the rough prep work and then let the journeyman painter (expert) take it from there. Of course, anything you can remove yourself to make their job easier, the better it will be for you.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:23 PM
jclanin
Rennlist Member

Ok fellas... let's get back to my original post please:

I'm looking for a good auto body/paint shop in Atlanta. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Jim
Old 08-29-2016, 09:13 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

I wish you the best. I can't seem to find one to refer work to.

Thought we had someone to refer it to any then I saw the last bumper they did...
Old 08-30-2016, 12:56 PM
Honkity Hank
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Just a suggestion, as I have not had any body work done in very long time, but give a couple of the specialty Porsche shops a call and see if they have a recommendation.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:00 PM
jclanin
Rennlist Member

Ok, thanks all!

Quick Reply: Need a good paint shop in Atlanta for a re-spray