Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Am I crazy for considering this 1982 Targa?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 05:33 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,025 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Valkuri
To each his own. I felt the 964 was an improvement over a body style that hadn't changed since 1974. Others disagree.
Statement stands regarding the price. Whether that's a better choice is up to the purchaser, not me nor the rest of us.
I couldn't agree more ...
Old 05-24-2016, 01:28 AM
tudynelson
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TARGA is best of both worlds, both hard top and removable top

In California, the targa is the car to have, you have a hard top with no noise like a convertible, and you have a top that's removable for the California sun.. Nothing like taking a ride in one of these with the top off.

The SC is the car to have, much more fun to drive than the Carrera , I've owned and driven both, the SC is more nimble, has better low end torque. Just a more rewarding car... Car in the picture is my 82 Targa
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2016, 02:00 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Yes Targa's have their advantages but do not pay Coupe pricing for a targa. $45k is steep for a 75k mile SC coupe (guards red) in condition #2. Targa's are easily worth 15%-20% less than a comparable Coupe. That's the market right now.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:12 PM
Irhmsd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is worth a combination of what you are willing to pay for it and what the buyer is willing to sell it for. Plain and simple. Interestingly, anyone telling you this car is too expensive or that targas are severely devalued versus coupes would be telling a very different tale if this were their personal car. All of these cars continue to go up in the market and excellent examples are worth their price. Porsche's tend to come in two forms: Lovingly maintained or beaten to death. If you can find one loving cared for with great records and a super PPI, it is worth every nickel.

Quick Reply: Am I crazy for considering this 1982 Targa?