Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seaking advice on buying "road race" modified SC or 3.2L (w/ an example)

Old 05-24-2016, 04:39 PM
TerrySmith
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anje
Hi guys,

do some of you know this seller, and what would you think of this car?

http://trisslsportscars.com/portfolio/1983-911-sc/

I've seen it listed on ebay also for a close to $40k reserve the past few weeks.
Few details that look so-so to me at first sight (dash color, rear reworked bumper, etc...) but otherwise looks like a cool car? Not for close to $40k to me though.

Thanks!
The dash cover has been replaced and does not quite match the knee pad or door tops. The driver's seat bolsters look worn. The rear bumper has not been reworked, it is just missing the rubber trim parts that you'd want to replace because it looks stupid as is.

Might be OK for $30K depending on PPI results and a closer look.

Have you searched in the Excellence and PCA online classified ads? You might get a better price from a private seller.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:28 PM
upshift4
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default BIG CHECK

The engineand exhaust alone was near your &40k max budget. $100K ++

Originally Posted by Anje
upshift4, just looked at the videos, the car looks really great indeed! Exactly the kind of car I would be looking for, and I have to ask: how much?
I'm afraid of the answer as it may be out of my budget though.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:34 PM
upshift4
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It's now a street car, so ... so far, so good. We put every WEVO billet part in it from the shifter, shift rod, modified shift coupler to the input shaft. And all of the internals, gears and parts were "race prepped".

Brian Copans does all the Porsche Motorsports trannys.

One track day with no issues ....
But I don't abuse it.

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Trissl won't sell that car for 40k, so move on.

Upshift4, how is your mag 915 box coping with 3.6 torque as it doesn't look like it has had any of the beefing up mods?

Problem with most track specific cars is the suspension, they are way too stiff for road use which usually means additional expense to modify.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Anje
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by upshift4
The engineand exhaust alone was near your &40k max budget. $100K ++
Yes ok that's what I thought, thanks anyway for the info & video! Looks like you have a very fun nice car.

Terry, thanks for your input, yes I also started to regularly look at Excellence & PCA listed cars. You have to be patient to find the right car I think , still it would be good if I can find it before the summer ends

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seaking advice on buying "road race" modified SC or 3.2L (w/ an example)