Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Question on 1969 seats value

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 04:23 PM
scaxx
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on 1969 seats value

Hi there guys, not really a Porsche guy, but Johnny from OGRacing sent me this way with a question for you guys. My buddy and I recently found a set of 911 seats and we were wondering about how much they're worth. I made a post over in my build over on the miata forums so I'm just gonna quote that over here.

Originally Posted by Scaxx
Found something really cool that's been hidden away for over 20+ years I would guess. So basically there's this shelf in our back room where we throw things like old floor mats, it's not really a shelf, more like the ceiling to our bathroom. It's about 10 feet up and there's no real way to get up there unless you getting a running jump and pull yourself up. All the rock climbing with my buddies this summer kinda payed off. Anyway a long time ago I had noticed this old subaru seat up there and since my buddy just got a g27 and we've been having weekly races I told him we could check it out and if he doesn't feel like using it we'll just toss it in the dumpster. There were what looked like some other seat pieces that were sitting next to it so I pushed them out of the way and they fell down this crevice in between the two walls. I pass the seat down to him and it's really really dusty so we clean it off. The recliner still works but the seat belt looks kinda old fashioned, it's a three point but the release mechanism looks kinda weird.

So I sat down in it and it feels/looks like real leather and is actually really comfy which is weird cause subaru usually uses pleather. We kinda started wondering what the seat was because it was becoming apparent it wasn't out of any subaru. So my buddy looks at this tag on the seat belt and it reads

So by this time we realize we found something cool so my buddy decides to go look and see if there's anything else cool up there even though I've been up there a few times over the years and never really found anything. But then again I missed the 911 seat the first time so why not. Yeah those things that I pushed to the side? Those had the same seat belts as the front one, more seats. So I did a little demo on the middle wall and retrieved the other pieces. Turns out they're the back seats of a 911, so we have the driver seat and the two back seats. We're almost positive they've been there since our dealership moved in 20+ years ago and that they were from a previous business. Which means they've been in a climate controlled environment for that long too, there's only one small imperfection in the driver seat.

So the question is, anyone know what these are worth? Or know someone who would?

So yeah, really cool find, but we have no idea what they're actually worth. Looked around for a different sub-forum but this seemed like the best place to put it, sorry mods if this is the wrong area.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:35 AM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 93 Posts

Try the earlyS forum for early cars. Those look like normal seats, not sport. Maybe $800 or so given the condition...
Old 02-10-2016, 02:36 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 89 Posts

The fronts are standard touring non sport Recaro seats found in 1965 - 1973 911/912
models,..
If you clean them well and there are no rips tears or soiled spots someone on Pelican parts
could possibly use them as starters or to return a car to bone stock.
They sell from $400 to $800 / set depending upon vinyl or leather etc... Bert
Old 02-10-2016, 10:38 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Yep. $400-500 each. The rears about $100.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:48 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

how does one know they are 1969 seats?
i ask, because i have a set that came with my 1969 tub. But im not sure what they are.

Quick Reply: Question on 1969 seats value