Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Where Do You Buy Your Porsche Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 02:38 PM
FCPEuro
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the compliment Techno Duck, we have a large array of Porsche components and are working on building out our Porsche catalog everyday. If there is anything I can help you find please feel free to shoot me an email at mike@fcpeuro.com

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Pelican is my usual goto, really nice because most stuff comes next day living in San Diego. Downside is i need to pay sales tax! Oh well.

For certain items it pays to check ECS Tuning (Ohio based) and FCP Euro (Conn based). Ive found ECS sometimes is much cheaper for OE Porsche parts than Pelican is. FCP Euro is a great place to check for things made by Bosch, Bilstein and Lemforder as its often cheaper than Pelican is. The other advantage is no sales tax, but downsize atleast for me is longer shipping time.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:09 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FCPEuro
Thank you for the compliment Techno Duck, we have a large array of Porsche components and are working on building out our Porsche catalog everyday. If there is anything I can help you find please feel free to shoot me an email at mike@fcpeuro.com
Why does the link in your signature take us back to the opening page of Rennlist? Seems a bit counter productive.

Would make more sense to have a link to your own site there:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/
Old 01-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Scott in SS MD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pelican
Sunset
MAShaw. Did all my interior CF
Old 01-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Racer

Fuel Injection Corp for fuel pumps

Tony for the interior stuff

Richard Newton
Lights for Your Garage
Old 01-29-2016, 09:56 AM
FCPEuro
Former Vendor

Thanks for pointing that out to me, don't know why it was messed up but got it fixed.

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Why does the link in your signature take us back to the opening page of Rennlist? Seems a bit counter productive.

Would make more sense to have a link to your own site there:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/
Old 07-15-2016, 03:07 PM
jks2016
3rd Gear

Vertex Auto would be a good choice. I also found more information about Cayenne drive shaft on EPS website http://epsdriveshaftbearingsupport.com/
Old 07-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back about 30 years ago with an Indy shop in Silicon Valley, we sourced most of our new, OEM parts for Porsche repairs from a wholesale outfit called Worldwide (IIRC), in the Oakland/Berkeley/EastBay area. Since so many of the parts that go (or at least back them, went) into the making of a Porsche are sourced from outside subcontractors (e.g., Mahle, Bosch, etc.), apparently Worldwide sourced the parts directly from those subcontractors. For all I know, Porsche may have since then forced their subcontractors to close those "back door" outlets.
I suspect that companies such as Pelican source their OEM parts from such wholesale companies, and while retail customers are not sold to, legitimate shops with reseller licenses possibly also use that kind of wholesaler.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:27 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

Keep in mind your local Porsche dealer is a good source and you don't have to pay shipping. Also, if the dealer does not have the part in-stock you usually receive the part in 2-3 days. For parts less than $100 I usually get the part local. To me a part in-hand is better than one that is being shipped across the country.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:38 AM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 122 Posts

I use shops where I have developed relationships. These include PORSCHE dealerships.

Pelican is "OK" but they have a liberal definition of what "Overnight" or "Express" means.

This does not mean you overnight it when you get it. IF it's in stock it should leave that day if the ticket states: "in stock and ships today".
I think this means it's in stock "somewhere" and they'll ship it when they get it.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:31 PM
jdoc1949
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default distributor parts

Where can I buy these parts for my distibutor; bearings, belt, plug and roll pin for my 1995
Thanks
John

Quick Reply: Where Do You Buy Your Porsche Parts?