911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help needed to listen to a partential purchase

Old 11-15-2015, 03:38 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Should be just pence changes to address. Can you post pictures? It makes it so much easier for my pee wee brain to be sure we are talking the same thing.

Congrats on your buy. I bought a 74 with slantnose this summer but decided to go back to stocking IB set up. Still haven't driven it.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Rich007
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, it's looking like the rear is just a lense change, at the front the us model slant nose has two fogs below the bumper and then 4 lights in the bumper, all are orange lenses, where as on the European version it's just the fogs and pair of lights, the rubber insert in the bumper found on both versions, replaces the pair of park lights on the European version. I'm going to call a parts shop tomorrow might shed some light..I did add a pic using the paperclip, not sure if it worked?
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Rich007
Intermediate

I'll be making a list of jobs to do her, top of the agenda get the lights sorted so it passes an mot then I can send of for a reg document and then I can drive her on the road, a couple of things...Targa roof doesn't fit properly, looks like a simple adjustment, it sounds like i'm driving with the window open at the moment, clutch is fairly heavy, I had 928's over a 15 year period the clutch with a helper spring was still fairly heavy, is there a helper spring on the 911? Oil gage, two of these one on the left of the steering wheel was dropping very low into the red square on my journey back from the docks when I was on the motorway, the other gauge on the right stayed high in the numbers on the motorway...
Old 11-25-2015, 05:39 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,007 Likes on 715 Posts

there is a vendor on here selling repro lenses, they look quite nice , do a search.

Make sure to search "Porsche 101" it will get you started.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Rich007
Intermediate

Hey guys, lenses all changed and it's passed its m.o.t now!! So I have sent the paperwork off to get its registered in the uk. While that's happening i've put it in my new garage, i've just built the garage and at 40 I finally have a garage to work on my car! Lots to do on car but I want to keep it mobile so I can use it as soon as the registration comes back. First job is the Targa roof that doesn't fit properly...
Old 12-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Drisump
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rich007
I'll be making a list of jobs to do her, top of the agenda get the lights sorted so it passes an mot then I can send of for a reg document and then I can drive her on the road, a couple of things...Targa roof doesn't fit properly, looks like a simple adjustment, it sounds like i'm driving with the window open at the moment, clutch is fairly heavy, I had 928's over a 15 year period the clutch with a helper spring was still fairly heavy, is there a helper spring on the 911? Oil gage, two of these one on the left of the steering wheel was dropping very low into the red square on my journey back from the docks when I was on the motorway, the other gauge on the right stayed high in the numbers on the motorway...
The oil level gauge is only supposed to be accurate (if you're lucky) after a minute or two while at idle, on level ground. When in motion, it normally will show very low. It may not be the case with yours but, on my Targa, if I don't compress the front while latching, it will remain slightly up and create wind noise. If my car hasn't been driven much for the last while I find my clutch (even more than a normal 915) either engaged or disengaged.....very little in between. Personally I have found that it loosens up with use. Cheers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help needed to listen to a partential purchase