Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Greetings fellow gear heads, I've returned for round 2.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 01:59 AM
Julio Rodriguez
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Greetings fellow gear heads, I've returned for round 2.

Quick intro; My very first Porsche was 2 years ago, a 1982, 924, and it is to this day the most solid car I've driven up and down the Punta Chame mountain pass at 100+km/hr. I've owned and modded 6 Bimmers (3 different series) a tricked out is300, and a few super sport bikes and I can't honestly say any of those cars (even my heavily suspension modded 120i with an almost perfect 50/50 front and rear + corner to corner balance) handeled better than the 924 at speed. I instantly fell in love with classic Porsche (hate the WUR and hot starts though). I sold it once I realized my wife was pregnant, an X5, 120i, & ZX10R later and I find myself eagerly awaitng the paper work for my 1983, 911 Targa. My ultimate dream car is at last within grasp. The motor is being pulled to have it checked and then the body is being sent to the interior shop for a Singer inspired interior. Right now its a serious peice of work, what many would call a barn yard find. Some call me crazy for wanting to restore the forgotten 911 and turn it into my daily driver, but I firmly believe life is worth living, and scars are worth having. BTW I'm a pro mma fighter & Crossfit Coach/gym owner which reminds me daily to live a happy and productive day to day life without regrets. Now I can't see myself regret driving to and from work in a fat aas (turbo body) classic 911. BTW I'm trying to make sense out of my VIN & engine # and no luck. Is it weird that my car only has 12 digits (080125241182 )? I've got no clue what's going on with the engine code (63D1063) either. Would somebody mind helping me out with these numbers as I would like to know more about the car I've purchased.
Attached Images     

Last edited by Julio Rodriguez; 08-30-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:39 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

Nice project, good luck!

Quick Reply: Greetings fellow gear heads, I've returned for round 2.