Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Opinions Wanted on these Wheels/Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 08:23 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Chad, perhaps you missed the connection between the Braid wheels and a certain someone. Braid USA = team illuminata. Same dude.

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...s-project.html
Old 01-24-2015, 09:20 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek911
The two cars are not "low riders or slammed." There are some slammed 911's and these two cars are not them. Ride height is more about what "looks" good to the owner. Keep in mind that people on the forum are from various age groups and backgrounds, so we probably wouldn't agree on clothing, music, or what women look good, let alone the ride heights of our cars. To my tastes these two cars are perfect and almost identical in ride height. They are running different tire ratios so one looks a bit tighter that the other. The top car looks to have 10 inch rears as well.
Uh, ride height is all about working within the manufacturer's specifications. (Or your own, if you're an engineer who's on top of component relocation. 99.999999% of us aren't in this camp.)

Any idiot can lower a torsion bar 911 in a couple of hours, then send it out for an alignment. Having it behave properly through compression and rebound is a whole different matter. Know what 1-1.5" of rebound does to rear toe on a torsion bar car that's even 1" below ROW height in the hands of an inexperienced driver maybe only cornering at .8g, but panics and lifts???
Old 01-28-2015, 04:23 PM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 40 Posts

After more research and emails/phone calls, I don't think I'm going to go with either of these rims.

To run the Euromeisters, I'm going to have to do a bunch of work. More spacing on the rear and massaging of some stuff up front to get them to fit (a/c dryer and oil cooler locations). Also have to run max camber on the fronts.

The 52 Outlaw situation is totally different. I can't get these guys to return my calls or emails. I was lucky enough to catch them on the phone once and they emailed me back with some 17" options that won't work (I can't find street tires to fit).

So, I think I'm going to go with some custom Forgeline SO3s. These are the same wheels I had on my 993. The customer service is great and I loved my last set. Within 24 hours of me calling, they've already researched my car and put together a package and quoted me. I'd be running 17x10 rears and 17x8.5 on the front.

What you guys think of these?
Old 02-02-2015, 09:37 PM
lcrain
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stgear
After more research and emails/phone calls, I don't think I'm going to go with either of these rims.

To run the Euromeisters, I'm going to have to do a bunch of work. More spacing on the rear and massaging of some stuff up front to get them to fit (a/c dryer and oil cooler locations). Also have to run max camber on the fronts.

The 52 Outlaw situation is totally different. I can't get these guys to return my calls or emails. I was lucky enough to catch them on the phone once and they emailed me back with some 17" options that won't work (I can't find street tires to fit).

So, I think I'm going to go with some custom Forgeline SO3s. These are the same wheels I had on my 993. The customer service is great and I loved my last set. Within 24 hours of me calling, they've already researched my car and put together a package and quoted me. I'd be running 17x10 rears and 17x8.5 on the front.

What you guys think of these?
Those look great IMO. 5 spoke anything wheels look great on a 911. Being forgeline I assume they are light, strong and will fit well.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:48 PM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Well, I changed my mind again. And it won't be changed this time because da money done been spent. So unless my order gets cancelled, I'll be running Zuffenhaus/Fikse 9" and 11" Fuchs. I'm going with the standard Fuch finish. Satin black centers and satin silver outers. I'll be removing my rear spacers so there'll be 5" of lip on the rears.

My interior budget is now gone. Oh well. The wheels were needed more than the carpet anyways.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:36 PM
drknauf
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 19 Posts

sorry i could,t resist to slam this nice color and wide wheel combination :

sorry i,m in love

Old 03-19-2015, 09:43 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drknauf
sorry i could,t resist to slam this nice color and wide wheel combination.
Good photoshoppery.

Quick Reply: Opinions Wanted on these Wheels/Tires