Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

checked pressure on CIS, it's LOW, now what?

Old 12-11-2014, 01:24 PM
jumpinjimmy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

System pressure 5.0 bar. cleaned the WUR, tapped out the plug a little to increase pressure so now at 10 degrees centigrade outside temp., I'm getting a control pressure reading of 1.5 cold pressure and 3.2 warm pressure. Car still seems to run the same. spluttery cold start with a few pops from the air box and low rpms and then after a while it idles up to 950 rpms and seems pretty steady. I went ahead and changed the plugs, cap, rotor and plug wires as all of these were old. Once warm, seems to run pretty good, just a sorry cold start issue now. BTW, I checked and I do indeed have the correct WUR for my car.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:39 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,001 Likes on 710 Posts

its time to head over to Pelican then and read the CIS for dummies thread. main things you need to tell us

System pressure
Cold control pressure and Ambient temp when it was taken.
a graph of contol pressure vs time after the ignition is tuned on ( this will tell you if the heater element in the WUR is working properly.

Last edited by theiceman; 12-12-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:03 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

BTW system presuure is good .. right where it should be at 4.5-5.2
controll pressure at 10C is just in spec at the lower end 1.5
Warm control pressue is 3.4 - 4.8 and you are at 3.2 so you are low and out of range .
Old 12-12-2014, 07:56 AM
jumpinjimmy
Advanced

I checked out the pelican site. very useful and it cuts to the chase on a lot of issues. Thanks for that.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:37 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

om glad you found it .. that CIS for dummies thread is very usefull
Old 12-12-2014, 11:51 AM
jumpinjimmy
Advanced

the curious thing is, you would thing that since the cold pressure is good, the car would run better at start up than when warm, but it's just the opposite. I was out in the porsche today and it runs great once warmed up, but is still not great on a cold start or even after the car sits for a few minutes but fully hot. Curious. But I'm getting there. I checked my AAR today and it's working just fine. Gets juice, and closes up after a warmed up. Going to change the Lambda sensor tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:13 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

you have a relay in tbeir too that sometimes goes bad . something to do with the o2 sensor. i dont have it so not sure.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:38 AM
jumpinjimmy
Advanced

Thanks Iceman, I did check the relay and it is working.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:05 AM
jumpinjimmy
Advanced

a quick update. Now that my WUR is pretty much working to within spec, I was still having trouble with the car cold starting. Starts right up, but splutters and pops in the injections system. I enriched the mixture...almost a whole turn, and what an amazing difference. It idles up properly at start up and then idles down to 950 rpms after a few minutes (but doesn't start up instantly at the turn of the key as before). Obviously, I also had to adjust the idle as well as the enrichment. With that said, the idle is turned down almost as far as it will go, so perhaps I do have a vacuum leak somewhere and this current adjustment is compensating for it. Regardless, the car is running really well. The only thing that gives me a little worry is that is has consistently had a small burp or pop on deceleration, at least on quick acceleration, as in punching the pedal. Under normal driving, I haven't noticed it at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: checked pressure on CIS, it's LOW, now what?