Magnus?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 04:13 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Magnus?

I haven't seen Magnus Walker posting anywhere lately? What's he up to?
Old 11-25-2014, 04:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,023 Likes on 728 Posts

Probaly like everyone else around here .. over at Pelican .. Just about everyone is gone now and is over at Pelican , names you used to see here fairly regularly have migrated completely.

Even new guys that came and left shortly after , i thought they were gone but just hang out at Pelican now.

I honestly see the days being numbered for rennlist air cooled section for those with technical interets.
The expertise has all but dried up here.

This has become a ghost town.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:16 PM
obscene
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he's probably busy being famous.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:36 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Probaly like everyone else around here .. over at Pelican .. Just about everyone is gone now and is over at Pelican , names you used to see here fairly regularly have migrated completely.

Even new guys that came and left shortly after , i thought they were gone but just hang out at Pelican now.

I honestly see the days being numbered for rennlist air cooled section for those with technical interets.

Interesting. I'm a regular on the 993 RL forum and haven't posted much of anything in this forum. Is the migration to Pelican due to RL becoming more of a hub for collectors/value seekers and less of a technically oriented forum? I've noticed that trend over on the 993 forum but the posting activity there is nonetheless rampant.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:03 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Pelican has ALWAYS been the place for Carrera's and older. When I had my 993, Rennlist was the place for 993 and newer...and still is.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:18 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Mangus is doing exactly what Mangus set out to do.....Sell product. Once we all figured that out and started asking questions, he vanished. He's a salesman first and foremost. The whole Porsche thing....well, that is way down the list.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:27 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Magnus isn't posting on Pelican either. His out of control hobby thread is loaded with people asking the same question.

If you want to see what he is doing follow him on FB, though Amber Lamps covers it pretty well.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

If you post a question or comment here you'll often get a few responses...sometimes a day or three later.
The same on the P thread gets numerous answers quickly.....you go where you get a response.
Having said that I've gotten good info here, the best from the site owner who has the background to be definitive and takes the time to respond to postings and pm's..
Old 11-25-2014, 10:03 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

he is flat out doing his porsche thing.... making videos, doing appearance etc... He is busy busy.

Although all the 964 and under traffic appears to be pelican nowadays anyhow..
Old 11-25-2014, 11:05 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Mangus is doing exactly what Mangus set out to do.....Sell product. Once we all figured that out and started asking questions, he vanished. He's a salesman first and foremost. The whole Porsche thing....well, that is way down the list.
Originally Posted by GTgears
Magnus isn't posting on Pelican either. His out of control hobby thread is loaded with people asking the same question.

If you want to see what he is doing follow him on FB, though Amber Lamps covers it pretty well.

Kinda what I suspected. I checked his profile on PP and he hasn't logged in since June.....

This tells me all I need to know: http://www.urbanoutlawshop.com/

He's passionate about the cars, no doubt, but he has a profit motive that most of us derive from our day jobs.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

There has been a lot of Magnus bashing...some here and over there that I believe reduced his inclination to post.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:39 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Reiver
There has been a lot of Magnus bashing...some here and over there that I believe reduced his inclination to post.
haters gona hate....

Truth is, all of us here would love to make money doing what we love doing.
Magnus has found his way and power to him. Wish I could do the same.
But realistically do you folks here think he is making a killing selling t-shirts and hats?? He made millions in his previous business. He is semi retired from it.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:11 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman

Fairly new to the 911 section but I like it, its nice and quite here - kind of like going to a resort town out of season where you know everybody which is what I like. 964 & 991 forums (which i also frequent) have gotten way too crowded over past few months and definitely feel like walking into a resort in peak summer with lots of screaming kids during the day and drunk louts at night.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:18 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

How exactly is Magnus making money? Outside of the wheel deal and one auction sale, I don't see much of a focus on that end of things. It seems he is first and foremost an enthusiast and collector. I think he's been busy recently with a bunch of Porsche corporate stuff. He was in a commercial for the new SUV. But I doubt that pays much.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion -- but I don't understand the Magnus bashing at all. In person, you aren't going to find a more down-to-earth guy. He genuinely loves 911s. And as I understand it, he's making his living with real estate and location rentals. I suspect he'd like to find a way to monetize his collection, but the 'how' of it is not simple. It's not like running a shop or selling parts. The movie and the videos seem like they're part of an effort to build a brand identity, but once he's done that it's still unclear to me what he's got to sell. Still, lots of people make their living in this hobby. If Magnus can find a way to do it, I'd wish him well. If he ends up like a Bruce Canepa, are people still going to dislike him?
Old 11-26-2014, 10:33 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,023 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Fairly new to the 911 section but I like it, its nice and quite here - kind of like going to a resort town out of season where you know everybody which is what I like. 964 & 991 forums (which i also frequent) have gotten way too crowded over past few months and definitely feel like walking into a resort in peak summer with lots of screaming kids during the day and drunk louts at night.
To be honest that is why i stay too .. way too much traffic at Pelican , posts get burried fast , people bickering all the time , and far too many people posting that dont have a clue and just want to be heard. Reminds me also of a big city vs small town atmosphere.

Dont get me wrong there are some Brilliant people over there with tons of experience who are willing to help, just takes time to sort those guys from the BS.

I can see it being very intimidating for a new guy .

Quick Reply: Magnus?