Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Magnus?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Repo_Man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Fairly new to the 911 section but I like it, its nice and quite here - kind of like going to a resort town out of season where you know everybody which is what I like. 964 & 991 forums (which i also frequent) have gotten way too crowded over past few months and definitely feel like walking into a resort in peak summer with lots of screaming kids during the day and drunk louts at night.
I don't like pelican forums either, for one thing I don't want to buy parts there, nothing against them but they are on the wrong side of the country and I almost always come out ahead elsewhere either on cost or time, and I feel like I am misusing a resource provided for their customers.

Also I have seen several examples there of "webtelligence" where people just repeat incorrect information often enough that it becomes fact as far as the community is concerned. I think it happens on any forum that gets big and "fast", people want to help out, so they copy what they have read, despite no experience with the actual issue on their own cars.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:43 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

I've said it before that I don't have any problem with what Magnus is doing. He's got a good gig going on. And I also wouldn't likely hang around the web forums very long either if a bunch of people started bashing me. While I think his self esteem is plenty strong enough to take the criticisms, I don't know anybody that enjoys being trash talked to their face day after day by anonymous internet users.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:26 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
haters gona hate....

Truth is, all of us here would love to make money doing what we love doing.
Magnus has found his way and power to him. Wish I could do the same.
But realistically do you folks here think he is making a killing selling t-shirts and hats?? He made millions in his previous business. He is semi retired from it.
Semi-retired, or Hot Topic is teetering on bankruptcy?

....and before anyone thinks I'm posting some veiled bash, I love the cars that his mechanics build. Would love to see what he can do himself. Heck, I could point out lots of similarities between his cars and mine. Unfortunately, far too many people think that he was the first guy in history to lighten up a 911.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps

....and before anyone thinks I'm posting some veiled bash, I love the cars that his mechanics build. Would love to see what he can do himself. Heck, I could point out lots of similarities between his cars and mine. Unfortunately, far too many people think that he was the first guy in history to lighten up a 911.
Amber......you are usually pretty copasetic as things go but on this issue you are other than you.
If people 'think' that then it is their problem not his as he never stated such.
He never pretended to build his own except for interior stuff.
The guy is so dif from the publics false impression of stuck up Porsche owners I appreciate his input.
He's good for the hobby.....and it is a hobby, in the actual measure of things.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:14 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps

I believe he sold out of that which is why he has had the time to play with Porsches for the last 5 years or so....
Old 11-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I believe he sold out of that which is why he has had the time to play with Porsches for the last 5 years or so....
Selling out was a good idea, if that is what he did. We cut off all lines of credit with Hot Topic when the economy turned and they stopped paying their bills.

Originally Posted by Reiver
Amber......you are usually pretty copasetic as things go but on this issue you are other than you.
If people 'think' that then it is their problem not his as he never stated such.
He never pretended to build his own except for interior stuff.
The guy is so dif from the publics false impression of stuck up Porsche owners I appreciate his input.
He's good for the hobby.....and it is a hobby, in the actual measure of things.
To me "Hobby" implies you are your own wrench (Torquing lugs on a promotional video doesn't count.) and there isn't an underlying commercial interest. Clearly with the string of professionally shot videos, the slew of ads on PCA websites for his products, the websites, the Facebook, and all the interviews and print ads there is more going on than a hobby.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:16 AM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

Magnus made friends with RWB, plus word is he is looking to do a 3.2 project next. Dude has a good gig going, yes he might be different but in reality looks like his life is going very well. I've got to talk to the guy a few times via net and phone and very easy person to chat with and get a hold of while still being so famous .
Old 11-27-2014, 10:19 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

I realy dont get the distain for Magnus. He has managed to incorporate Porsche into his business model . all the power to him if he can make a lot of money and weave his passion into it too. I really dont think he " false represents " himself in any way.

He is a brilliant marketing dude without the slick suit, and has an awesome collection of cars ...

Rock on Magnus !!!!
Old 11-27-2014, 10:40 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
I realy dont get the distain for Magnus. He has managed to incorporate Porsche into his business model . all the power to him if he can make a lot of money and weave his passion into it too. I really dont think he " false represents " himself in any way.

He is a brilliant marketing dude without the slick suit, and has an awesome collection of cars ...

Rock on Magnus !!!!
Very well said.

Seems to be a bit of Wealth Envy going on around here...
Old 11-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by theiceman

Rock on Magnus !!!!
Originally Posted by jackb911
Very well said.

Seems to be a bit of Wealth Envy going on around here...
Really? Where?

Amazing that time and time again whenever Magnus' name comes up anyone that isn't willing to go down on the guy is a hater. What is this, the 5th thread in a year where a call for honesty turns into accusations of hate speech? I no more envy him than I envy folks on the other end of the financial spectrum. I just choose not to fall for the marketing......as I've said a half dozen times before.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Oh, and speaking of dreads:

Old 11-27-2014, 09:00 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Big Corey Glover and Vernon Reid fan.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by GTgears
Big Corey Glover and Vernon Reid fan.
Did you give them a free Carrera?
Old 11-28-2014, 01:56 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Maybe Magnus can give them one of his spares.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:54 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I think Magnus is busy doing what the rest of us are doing...working. He has businesses to run and a family to care for so I'm sure that keeps him busy. Maybe he's developing new businesses or a new line of products, perhaps hair care. lol

Quick Reply: Magnus?