Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.0 sc clutch install question

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 10:41 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3.0 sc clutch install question

I have a pronounced vibration coming from the motor/drivetrain. I recently finished a clutch job using an aluminum pressure plate. My question is, is it possible to install the pressure plate out of alignment somehow? When I put it in, it seemed like it would only align (the bolts) one way. I hate the thought of pulling everything again....
Old 11-21-2014, 01:37 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by hot-J
I have a pronounced vibration coming from the motor/drivetrain. I recently finished a clutch job using an aluminum pressure plate. My question is, is it possible to install the pressure plate out of alignment somehow? When I put it in, it seemed like it would only align (the bolts) one way. I hate the thought of pulling everything again....
No Matter what the cause i would think if you have that much vibration , she is coming apart again .. so may as wswell accept it and get started.

I havent done my clutch yet, starting in a few weeks , but have read about using alignment tool . Other than that i cant help much sorry. Did you replace a rubber centred clutch with a spring centred clutch or was that someone else ?
Old 11-21-2014, 03:52 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did with a spring centered clutch. Found out it is not possible to be installed incorrectly. I am now thinking it might still be an ignition issue. Changing the cap and rotor helped smooth her out, but the underlying vibration is still there. Has to be some sort of misfire. Ugh.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:03 AM
gled
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didn't say if you balanced the new clutch parts.

Quick Reply: 3.0 sc clutch install question