Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What to do now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:36 PM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other guy's insurance co. appraiser?? finally called 5 days later and left a voicemail. Gee, my car is a total loss, who would have thought it?
I am now supposed to wait patiently for their adjuster?, who I am sure will be extremely knowledgable of air-cooled Porsches, to call me.
Not yet has anyone asked if I was OK.

My decision to call a lawyer on day 1 is looking better and better.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:37 PM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SoCalRayRay
DWA
Driving While Anorexic or Asian?

Either way, that BMW looked totally embarassed. It'll probably puke up a CEL just to see her freak.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:45 AM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

It's been 4 months since the wreck, and the other driver finally had his 2nd arraignment yesterday (1st one was canceled when the court did not have a Spanish interpreter on hand). This time they did, for the 6 Hispanics who required one, and Senor G----- pleaded no contest, was fined and put on probation.

Meanwhile, I still don't have a car or any money. Georgia Farm Bureau, may they be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels, has gradually increased their offer, starting at $5000 and ending yesterday at $20,000 for my car, and they would get the carcass and the title. Buy back would cost me $8000. I can't possibly rebuild a decent car for that.

I think somebody at GFB wants to steal my Porsche, or what's left of it.

So, the lawsuit proceeds.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:09 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

So then the other party pleads bankruptcy and its all over then ?

Sounds like you got screwed over pretty good !
Old 03-04-2015, 12:29 PM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

The lawsuit is primarily directed at the other guys insurance company, so hopefully they won't declare bankruptcy over this piddling amount. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that they didn't even try to negotiate.

I agree that trying to get any money out of the other driver would probably be wasted effort. although I would do it if I thought it would keep him off the street.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:01 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by SiberianDVM
The lawsuit is primarily directed at the other guys insurance company, so hopefully they won't declare bankruptcy over this piddling amount. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that they didn't even try to negotiate. I agree that trying to get any money out of the other driver would probably be wasted effort. although I would do it if I thought it would keep him off the street.
Wow you are a brave man suing an insurance. Company

Good luck and keep us posted
Old 07-28-2015, 10:26 AM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

After 8 months, the insurance company finally agreed to a settlement. I get some money and I get to strip parts off of my wreck. I have already bought a 1977 911S Targa widebody to be a recipient of my 84's 3.2 and 915 and what suspension parts and interior parts are salvageable. Hopefully, within a few months I will be back in a Porsche again.

911S:
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2015, 12:12 PM
cerex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SiberianDVM
After 8 months, the insurance company finally agreed to a settlement. I get some money and I get to strip parts off of my wreck. I have already bought a 1977 911S Targa widebody to be a recipient of my 84's 3.2 and 915 and what suspension parts and interior parts are salvageable. Hopefully, within a few months I will be back in a Porsche again.

911S:
Wow what a crazy story. Very happy you weren't seriosuly injured those Germans know how to build a car. Sounds like after some serious battling your getting A car back, $5k initial offer what a joke. Good luck with the new one. Nice targe looks good and hope she serves you well.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:36 AM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

Thanks. Saturday I hauled the "new" 911S to the shop to have the motor and transmission from the "old" 911 Carrera installed. The wrecked car is about half stripped down. Very sad.

Quick Reply: What to do now?