PPI in Indiana. THANK YOU BOB!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:47 PM
ronk
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI in Indiana. THANK YOU BOB!

Hi,

I think this may be my first Rennlist post, so it had better be good! I have been a reader for quite awhile, and have been wanting my first P car for a long time. Circumstances finally allowed it and I started looking in earnest. I found a nice looking one in Indiana and arranged to have Bob Farmer from Farmers Automotive do a PPI for me. http://www.farmersautomotive.com

Bob uncovered quite a few items that were undisclosed and/or undiscovered. He was brutally honest with me, and kept me informed as the dealer had quite a bit of work done to the car to make it right. I ended up making what I think is a good deal for the car, and I am awaiting its arrival.

The point I am trying to make is that without Bob's help I would have either missed out on a good car at the right price, or paid too much for a car that needed more work than I thought. If anyone needs a PPI in the Indianapolis area you will not do better than Bob Farmer!

THANKS BOB!!!!!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:29 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 112 Posts

Nice job and good luck with the car. It just shows how important a PPI can be. At a minimum it is a good insurance blanket.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:26 AM
ronk
5th Gear

No kidding! And thanks!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:42 AM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Good deal all the way round.
There are some straight shooters out there and looks like you found one for the PPI and for the fixes too (PO).
Don't worry though, you'll find plenty to spend your money on if the bug bites deep enough.
Luck with it.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Brando!
1st Gear

Default Bob

Just got my 944 back from bob farmer. And I must say he is an absolute awesome mechanic. I feel privileged that he worked in my 944. Had timing belts rollers and water pump changed along with a rack and pin. Car runs awesome now!! Bob has my business from here on out. Price is more than fair and is honest. He won't work on something that he thinks is a wast of your money, he's a straight shooter. Bob farmer is 110% recommend for all my fellow Porsche owners!!
Old 01-03-2022, 05:14 PM
tedfromohio
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this thread is over 5 years old but I just had Bob work on my ‘77 930 and feel I must comment. My car had rust in the front pan, the result of leaking battery acid. My local Independant Porsche Mechanic (who I am very happy with) said that the pan needed to be replaced but it want something he could do. He checked around with his resources and the was getting estimates in the 10’s of thousands of $ and no promise of the actual end cost or time to complete.

I kept looking as I couldn’t afford that kind of repair. A friend told me about Bob Farmer and suggested I call him. Bob is a little over 2 hours from where I live but he gave me an estimate over the phone that was a fraction of what I was being told and agreed to meet me on a Saturday morning. He liked over the car, confirmed the estimated price and I left it with him - he estimated he would have it 2 weeks.

It took a little longer as there were some other issues that needed to be addressed and Bob contracted Covid in the middle of all this, but we stayed in touch and he kept me appraised of what he was finding. We figured out what needed to be done immediately and what could wait as he understood I was on a budget. Bob and Chris completed the work by the time I needed it done, and stayed to the budget expect there was one item that he couldn’t let go. There was a problem with the fuel lines that we agreed to wait on but when I came to get the car Bob said he went ahead and fixed them as he just couldn’t let the car leave his shop in what he considered an unsafe condition- the price was more than fair and I appreciated that he cared enough ti take care of it. The car runs and drives great and I am a very satisfied customer. Thank you Bob.

Quick Reply: PPI in Indiana. THANK YOU BOB!