Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

new rear Torsion bars on '80sc problem, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 04:35 PM
sceddie
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rear Torsion bars on '80sc problem, Help!

Hey all, First time poster long time lurker, while replacing rear bushings and TB's, (24mm upgrade to 26mm). Car previously leaned a good bit to the left,so I replaced the(bent slightly) rear sway bar w/stk replacement and new TB's. I set the new angle for euro height 34* on both sides camber -1*. Still leans to left around 3/4" difference to fender lip.
I removed bottom of shock from trailing arm both sides, made no difference. Reinstalled TB on right side to 31.5* which brought down to 25.5" to lip of fender, left
is 25" to lip. SO... Now rear is closer but corner weight will be off. Front is off now which will continue to mess with corner weights. Feels like I'm chasing my tail here.I should state receipts show that my P-car was in a accident years ago hit in the LR, I can see where repair was done from inner fender, looks high up on the panel. When I purchased p-car last year the car was lowered quite a bit, R -23 3/4" F-24 1/2" camber was also extreme R- 2.5* F-1.5*.
Before I move on to the front end with new bushings and TB's (21mm) I need to resolve whats going on in rear. I'm hoping that pan isn't twisted or worse, so any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 05:04 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

You need a lot of patience if you're chasing down that last 1/4 inch of clearance ... i spent a whole weekend playing with corner heights before i was satisfied ...

Cheers
Phil

Quick Reply: new rear Torsion bars on '80sc problem, Help!