Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New to me '87 Targa

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 04:41 AM
dbinpv
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am I being rude

It seems every time I read about someones "new car to them", I read all the nice things about the car but never anything is mentioned about the purchased price. Am I the only one interested in what this great looking Porsche cost? Is it an unwritten rule not to ask such a direct question? Should I ask by PM or is that out of line also? I would think with all the knowledge and information available on this site, the prices of what people sold and paid for their Porsches would be openly discussed. I see a lot of posts where everyone steps up to plate on what someone should pay for a certain described car, but never what someone actually paid for their "new to me" Porsche. Excuse me if I'm to curious for my own good but I thought this is where you could find real world sales prices. Every car has its own story and its own selling price, I get that, it just appears to be the best kept secret around.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:46 AM
lae12345
Cruisin'

Default Just bought one today as well

Where did you find yours? I found mine here on Rennlist.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:38 AM
jpowers
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car "found" me. I wasn't in the market for another 911 but when a co-worker of my wife snapped a picture of it and texted it to her I asked if it was for sale. Another party had been interested in the car for weeks but made no attempt to place a deposit. So once I saw it I put a deposit pending a PPI which came back great.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:02 AM
rgee27
Advanced

Originally Posted by dbinpv
It seems every time I read about someones "new car to them", I read all the nice things about the car but never anything is mentioned about the purchased price. Am I the only one interested in what this great looking Porsche cost? Is it an unwritten rule not to ask such a direct question? Should I ask by PM or is that out of line also? I would think with all the knowledge and information available on this site, the prices of what people sold and paid for their Porsches would be openly discussed. I see a lot of posts where everyone steps up to plate on what someone should pay for a certain described car, but never what someone actually paid for their "new to me" Porsche. Excuse me if I'm to curious for my own good but I thought this is where you could find real world sales prices. Every car has its own story and its own selling price, I get that, it just appears to be the best kept secret around.
+1
Old 10-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Cheekybird
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default MY86 Targa Price

Here's my 1986 911 Carrera Targa and I paid $22.5k with 65k mi. Runs perfect, no rust, no oil leaks, 3 or 4 small pen size dents (you can only see if I show you), original paint and interior, no mods (unless turbo tie rods didn't come standard). Well actually the catalytic converter was removed by PO. I am the third owner and it came with tools, spare tire, bra and car cover. I purchased it in February of 2014. I hope it's worth 30k now but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. It seems that the value is lower than I would expect because it is a Targa and Guards Red. I like it and it's not for sale. OH yeah, it was originally imported and sold by Brumos of Jacksonville, FL .
Attached Images     
Old 10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Yes I think purchase price is a personal thing. It's kind of the car equivalent of asking someone how much money they make. But some people don't think it's rude to ask that either. I just figure if they didn't offer the info they feel it's personal, and by that reasoning I feel it's rude to ask

Last edited by theiceman; 12-15-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:23 PM
jpowers
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice drive up Chinook Pass

Yesterday ran the car up to the barricade closing Chinook Pass for the season. Nice road with no traffic.

Last edited by jpowers; 12-14-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Red911.408
Instructor

Default Jealous

Absolutely killer.Does anybody out there have a coupe like this? Would love to know
Old 12-17-2014, 09:13 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

She's a beauty and welcome to the Targa family! As others have mentioned, a quick way to detail the T-bar, is to use a dressing that also does bumpers, tires, etc. Of course, wipe off any residue after.

Quick Reply: New to me '87 Targa