Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Fall foliage cruise, NY area

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:54 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fall foliage cruise, NY area

So I think since I joined rennlist in 2007 (holy crap) there has always been a fall cruise through the area around Bear Mtn. The roads, well known, the people, while sometimes new faces they're nonetheless a great group of enthusiasts. I scrolled through and haven't seen a post for this year's drive, so I'll make it. I organized am event earlier this year for several members, I plan on doing almost the same route, with some changes to add some more entertainment.*

I'm planning for October 12th, 2014, it's a Sunday, save the date.

I did open this up to non porsche owners (my friends) whom are a great group of people as well (there are some porsche owners there too).

The event will start at the normal place, rest and gas area in the median at exit 5 on the palisades parkway. From there we will head north a few miles before jumping off into some roads through and around the mountain, once we finish that area we will head further north to(if opened) cliffs of insanity. There will be a couple of stop points along the way allowing for pictures of cars, friends, and scenery. I can promise some great views. From cliffs of insanity we will head west to a winery located in warwick, ny. The winery offers, wine tasting, food, soda, wine (duh), and this spring they also had a local beer selection as well. From there I have added as optional a trip to highpoint mountain, the highest point in NJ, where you can see PA, NY and NJ from the monument. We will proceed to follow rt.23 north to hawks nest, another great driving area that offers tight passes along cliffs over the Delaware river and pull of spots for recording and taking pictures. The part after the winery will be optional as I know it is not normally done for this fall event.*

I will be on here more routinely now that I have a better Internet provider. Any questions feel free to ask, inbox if need be. I will update with specifics as time goes forward. I am hoping this will work out for many people. If I can figure out how to cross post then it will be placed in the 944, 928, 993, 930 section.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:02 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

1wk bump

I'm out right now testing to make sure all the roads are passable. So far so good, taking a quick break along the Hudson River near west point. Weather is great today, hopefully it'll be the same for next week.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:54 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,022 Likes on 727 Posts

Good luck with your fall run our Canadian rennlist fall run is the following week. Last year we had close to 60 cars. All Porsche
Old 10-06-2014, 10:49 PM
JQ911
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like fun. Looks like I'm in.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:19 PM
WIL84911
2nd Gear

Default Is it on?

what time are we meeting?
Old 10-11-2014, 03:59 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

Final details

Meet spot: by 815am, looking for 830 departure

Winery is cash only, was mentioned somewhere that it 5 bucks to park. I've never run into that but bring some cash with yourself.

http://www.wvwinery.com/

Quick Reply: Fall foliage cruise, NY area