Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Vehicle Identification Plate Delete

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 04:03 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racngrn
Will do. This car was delivered to the United States as new ( NJ Dealer). I'll keep researching this option and keep everyone posted as to what I find. Thanks!
Old thread but in case you never figured it out some countries like US did not have the identification plate that sits on the inside right fender - this is a standard ID plate that you see on most ROW cars.

We have the same info on the door jamb plate but weight in LBS.

I believe that it was not used for US because the weight was in KG and did fully not conform with DOT requirements.
Attached Images   
Old 10-15-2016, 11:15 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

I believe that is the model designation on the rear deck lid. Perhaps it was replaced when someone else decided they wanted it. In CA, and the rest of the USA as far as I know, one cannot order a VIN delete on anything as they are required by law and if a car is found missing a VIN tag, otherwise required, it can be impounded by the police.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cairo94507
I believe that is the model designation on the rear deck lid. Perhaps it was replaced when someone else decided they wanted it. In CA, and the rest of the USA as far as I know, one cannot order a VIN delete on anything as they are required by law and if a car is found missing a VIN tag, otherwise required, it can be impounded by the police.
option code 912 is the absence of the ID plate in the front boot compartment that I have shown in the pics. 912 option code it is only found on cars for north america and the middle east (for reasons I don't know). all north american cars of the era have option code 912 on their build sheet.

498 = Without rear model designation

... which is no model script on the engine lid
Old 10-16-2016, 11:19 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

OK - learn something new everyday. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Vehicle Identification Plate Delete