Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

adding a/c on 3.6 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 10:53 PM
bLikeMac
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding a/c on 3.6 upgrade

I'm looking at an '86 930 that has a '95 3.6 engine upgrade. I am wondering what it is going to cost me and what needs to be done to get the a/c to work. The a/c compressor is installed and new hoses have been run. The owner has lost interest in the car and the a/c (health reasons), however I am interested in the car and seeing what is needed to get the a/c to work. Is it just a matter of fitting ends on the hoses (which isn't done), hooking them up, probably a good idea to replace the receiver /dryer and then evacuating and charging the system, and...hmmm..what else? Any ideas on cost or other things to look for that I may not be considering...or anythign else - would be appreciated. Thanks. -Bill
Old 07-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd start by looking at every post by a member named griffiths and give him a call. Hoses that have been run but have no ends sounds like someone was working a bit off the cuff. Not that that posses any kind of problem. With a 3,6 in an '86 there isn't really a kit. You may have everything you need.

http://www.griffiths.com/porsche/ac/
Old 07-21-2014, 11:25 PM
bLikeMac
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will do appreciate the info. Thanks again. -Bill

Quick Reply: adding a/c on 3.6 upgrade