Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

advice on recent flood damage 911

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 06:43 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I'd say that more than half of that car's value was lost. Just the DME, elevation sensor, dme relay, wheel bearings, balljoints, etc would be on the replacement list. The inspection list would be shocks, axles and cv joints, tranny, engine, harnesses, controls, and interior. This is not even including the fuel tank, AC evaporator, front blower, battery, lights, and on and on.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Billm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO what ever happened withe the insurance on this one? Did they opt to repair or are you taking settlement? Keep us up to date if you can. Nice to see another one restored and saved -- especially at someone elses cost.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:45 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

car is now a good tub for a rusty car project with good title.

Move on and enjoy another 911 with insurance money.
Now, if this car was a 73' RS, then yes.... restore it
Old 12-24-2014, 12:39 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd move on if I were you,..find another that hasn't experienced such trauma....

Best of luck to you.

Doyle
Old 12-24-2014, 10:50 AM
gkwoodfin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delayed response. Busy times...here is an update on my '88 911 Flood victim. The insurance company did not total it and I went along (I didn't really have a choice) with the assumption and hope that all repairs would be doable. Plus, I really hated to see it destroyed. So, it was in the shop from May-September and actually everything seems fine (for now). It runs strong and other than some radio issues that are still questionable; so far, so good.
Cost for the repairs totaled about 9K so far. Insured value is 25K, so I guess they felt it was worth it to repair v cash out. I appreciate any input on what to be wary of going forward. I'm sure some gremlins will pop up and I hope the ins comp (Grundy) realizes this could be a long process.
BTW, early on when I thought it might be totaled, I started searching for a replacement. Even tho I have the '88 back, I continued looking for a 2nd 911. My thought was a more modern version might be a better daily driver type. Any thoughts on 997's? 06-09 models have been my focus.Thanks for any input.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:06 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by gkwoodfin
Sorry for the delayed response. Busy times...here is an update on my '88 911 Flood victim. The insurance company did not total it and I went along (I didn't really have a choice) with the assumption and hope that all repairs would be doable. Plus, I really hated to see it destroyed. So, it was in the shop from May-September and actually everything seems fine (for now). It runs strong and other than some radio issues that are still questionable; so far, so good.
Cost for the repairs totaled about 9K so far. Insured value is 25K, so I guess they felt it was worth it to repair v cash out. I appreciate any input on what to be wary of going forward. I'm sure some gremlins will pop up and I hope the ins comp (Grundy) realizes this could be a long process.
BTW, early on when I thought it might be totaled, I started searching for a replacement. Even tho I have the '88 back, I continued looking for a 2nd 911. My thought was a more modern version might be a better daily driver type. Any thoughts on 997's? 06-09 models have been my focus.Thanks for any input.
997 is a great series. Well sorted 05-08 can be had for good deals.
The 2009 3.8L DFI is bullet proof and PDK is fantastic.
A C4 would make a great year rounder.

Quick Reply: advice on recent flood damage 911