Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

So, anybody get any "new" cars, or projects in the last day or so??

Old 03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, my son and I made our first major purchase this morning. We went to Einmalig and purchased all the suspension. Yes, everything front and rear. Had to kiss my son goodbye, but promised to visit.

Kidding people. Did not have to sell my son to do this. Turns out we aren't even going to have to disassemble another car. Parts are on the shelf, ready to go. I can pick up everything tomorrow.

Knowing that Ed also hangs out on Pelican I'm thinking of doing a thread there too.

Are we excited or what?

Ed, Ken, question: Where are the side impact bars for the rollbar? I remember the rollbar bolted to the floor up toward the pedal cluster and there are unused holes in the pan that suggests my memory is correct. Do either of you have the bars?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Doug, I cut the front bars off of the cage AFTER I had in PC'd and put it in. Didn't want the steel near my head. The steel never made it out of TX.

I'm not on Pelican much-if I am, on the 993 board.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Doug, I cut the front bars off of the cage AFTER I had in PC'd and put it in. Didn't want the steel near my head. The steel never made it out of TX.

OK, you were right about it being a boat anchor. It looks like a spider web back there.

Heck, while we're at it, is there anything else you may have lying around you'd like to contribute to the project? ....as if you haven't already. Perhaps something surfaced in the move that belongs to the car.

And tell me about the signed glove box door... How cool is that?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Fresh out of Carrera parts-with a big downsize, when we moved to the coast, I'm clutter free, from the old days.

The glovebox! I forgot about that! That is Patrick Long's signature from one of our coaching weekends with him. Considering he won Sebring last weekend, in the #912 RSR, as relevant an autograph as ever.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Fresh out of Carrera parts-with a big downsize, when we moved to the coast, I'm clutter free, from the old days.

The glovebox! I forgot about that! That is Patrick Long's signature from one of our coaching weekends with him. Considering he won Sebring last weekend, in the #912 RSR, as relevant an autograph as ever.
So, scrubbing it off is out of the question?

Kidding People, geese.

Alright, she's had a bath and with it comes no new surprises, so we've got that going for us.

So this Patrick Long? http://patricklong.com/ Ruby's asking price just jumped to $2,500.
Attached Images    
Old 03-18-2014, 02:27 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, maybe I forgot to mention it but Ed has right of refusal on that glove box door.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by race911
Oh, maybe I forgot to mention it but Ed has right of refusal on that glove box door.
I'm thinking he's got it on the entire car.

Just got back to my office with bananas, rear shocks, brakes, and a box of freshly plated nuts, bolts, and washers I got to pick out myself. Also paid for all front suspension but figured I've got plenty of ........oh duh, I got the front A-arms and bushings too, so....

Anyway, lots of work to do. Will take pictures later today. Gotta find myself a can of Meadow Green for the shocks and work on my rattle can skilz.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:15 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

I think I've still got those sitting around here someplace.

Originally Posted by amber lamps
So, scrubbing it off is out of the question?

Kidding People, geese.

Alright, she's had a bath and with it comes no new surprises, so we've got that going for us.

So this Patrick Long? http://patricklong.com/ Ruby's asking price just jumped to $2,500.
So this is what has happened to Ruby? FML
Old 03-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

So tempting....if I did, it'd end up being the first $100K+ '84 Targa.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

So tempting....if I did, it'd end up being the first $100K+ '84 Targa.
No, I'm working for free. Just keep the thought in the back of your mind that, while I'm not going to just hand you the keys someday, I will do everything in my power to torment you into wanting her back.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:37 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanR
So this is what has happened to Ruby? FML
Partially. THIS is where all the good stuff ended up. Bit more relevant, in the overall scheme of things today, on a '73 Coupe than an '84 Targa.
Attached Images      
Old 03-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Absolutely can't believe everything is cleaning up so nice. Underneath all the cosomline is a really clean set of bananas that look to have a '86 date stamp. Even the A-arms have an almost brand new set of balljoints and keepers. Should switch them out.

....now I've really gotta go back and rebuild the blue car again. Just look at the brakes. Who has such clean bolts and springs and such, yet forgets to release the parking brake?
Attached Images     
Old 03-23-2014, 12:13 AM
dougs968
OkRider
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
I am so excited. I want to do everything in black leather. Door cards, back sidewalls, trim, door tops, kick pad, and dash. Just not feeling the coach leather.

Gotta make her a roller first.
Dude, it kinda is a roller. JK, JK. I like it. Some day I hope to have a 911 project like that.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

This car oozes awesomeness.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:21 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by dougs968
Dude, it kinda is a roller. JK, JK. I like it. Some day I hope to have a 911 project like that.
Stop the pawnshop habit and you too can have a 911....OK, OK, just put the pawnshop habit on hold for a couple years and you too can have a 911.

I swear Doug, NOTHING has been harder to kick than my pawnshop habit. Dumping Norco was a snap, Dr Pepper was an easy drop. Been almost two month now without buying anything. Look what I have to show for it.

This car oozes awesomeness.
You don't know what I had to go through to spend some time with her today. Alarm went off at 6:30 so I could have my kid to MSAC for a track meet. Then it was back home to cover daycare for an hour. Then back to MSAC to watch the 4x100 and rush my kid home for her birthday party at Scandia and more covering daycare. I had two daycare kids in the playroom with the door open just in case. Elayne was at Scandia for the party, two of my kids are at the National Orange Show at what is most likely a rave seeing "A Day To Remember" and did I mention I'm covering daycare? Then I had to sucker my mother into coming over and taking the kids Mc D's orders and dropping it off while I cover daycare.....

I'm guessing that after 13-1/2 hours on my feet or on the go in the car that I got a total of 3 hours in on the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So, anybody get any "new" cars, or projects in the last day or so??