Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

VIN Compliance door decal

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
miglenda
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN Compliance door decal

Hi...As we know the VIN Compliance decals have not been available from Porsche for some years now. I have found a Pro Graphic designer who claims that he could duplicate the VIN Compliance label complete with the holes; I have a 1986 911

For the detail of the decal to be correct I would like to know what a 1986 VIN Compliance decal's part number that is in Metric.

I know what the part number for a 1986 USA VIN Compliance decal is but I somehow think that the metric version may be a different part number.

If anyone has a '86 in metric would you please provide me with its number - It can be found on the right bottom border of the VIN decal on the door post- aka - 'B' pillar.

A 911's USA VIN Compliance decal in lbs. is: 911 701 112 25.
Thanks in advance
michael

UP DATE: Nov. 15th,
I have actually now had one made and it is 'spot on'...A fellow who I have know for over 40 yrs. who has a design and printing business made it for me...It includes the correct dot matrix 'punched out' fonts. Since I had mine made a few others then also wanted one for their P cars. Because of a demand due the quality of the VIN decal he has put up this blog site. There name is
Decal Restore
http://decalrestore.wordpress.com/

You may already know of someone that makes these decals but if not this fellow's product is a 'mirror image' reproduction.
Cheers

Last edited by miglenda; 11-15-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Up Date - web site for decals
Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 AM
delmartin
2nd Gear

Do you have an update on this?

-Martin
Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM
miglenda
Cruisin'

Hi Martin...Their is a bit of an update. On their website they state that they are in the process of testing the new equipment that they purchased for producing the earlier '60's and 70's VIN compliance decals with all the little cut circles on them. I presume that to get the correct stamping clearance for such thin decals must be a bit of a challenge but they do state that they should be up and running with them sometime in Jan (2013)

As for an update on the 3.2 Vin compliance decals. I see that a few others on the Pelican board have also recently purchased them and have made the same comment that I did when I received mine - ''Amazing'...As previously stated they are a mirror image of an original.- That's about it.

Cheers
Old 12-30-2012, 06:03 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Cheers,

thank you for your post. Since I like two of everything, except wives, when I get my '86 coupe (still looking) I'll order some up. This is great.

Mike
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still waiting on mine.......

Doyle
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Batman 357
Instructor

You guys might want to look into the legal issues before you start putting new VIN stickers on your cars. Some States have very strict laws about altering identifying numbers even if it is for restoration. Surf around. Felony charges have been filed in several jurisdictions.

Quick Reply: VIN Compliance door decal