Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

A/C hoses layout or diagram

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts
Default A/C hoses layout or diagram

I own a 1986 930S and just installed a RennAire System II with Desert Duty front condenser - Sanden 507 compressor-Pro Cooler.

My car has a Koklen intercooler, next to it there's the rear condenser (12X12.5X2.25in).

I'm almost done with RennAire System II, but would like to know how is the hoses connection/diagrams or layout of the RennAire System II with Procooler and rear condenser. I'm not really sure how to connect the rear condenser with remaining system.

Any drawings, pictures are welcome.
I did call Renn Aire but they don't have a diagrams or layout for what I want to do.

BTW: I did serach but didn't found the info.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not familiar with RennAire System II. You should have instructions from them.
I know the Procooler instructions are pretty bad. I can help with that install, but I have not got the foggiest idea about the Rennaire thing.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

The rear condensor is directly downstream of the ac high pressure hose, then your route the hose exiting the rear condensor forward. The front condensor in stock trim is pretty straightforward.

I gotta run (late for dinner) but I'll post pics tomorrow that I made to help a friend out with his ProCooler installation. You might find the pic if you look on Pelican Parts tech articles. Mitch did a nice article about his AC upgrade. I made the picture that explains the Pro Cooler hose routing. I can post a pic of my rear condensor if you want.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Rick, welcome to rennlist. Not to send you away, but there is a 930 forum. See where it says Turbo? They may be able to help. Don't get me wrong....rusnak knows his stuff.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:41 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

AC is pretty much the same in a 911. The trick is to figure out how to run the strange mods that we seem to come up with all the time.

Here's the Pro-Cooler installation routing. And the rear condensor on my 911.

Last edited by rusnak; 03-05-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Quick Reply: A/C hoses layout or diagram