Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Classic Auto Sales Omaha, NE? Any experience?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:47 PM
foamx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Auto Sales Omaha, NE? Any experience?

All,

These guys have a 911 that matches what I've been looking for. I know nothing about them. Anyone here have any experience with them. I'm in North Carolina so they are a long way away. I intend to have a full PPI done on the car and am also looking for recommendations for someone in the Omaha area to do that work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence
Old 07-02-2009, 05:53 PM
rgrimm
Instructor

There is a dealer in Omaha...Woodhouse. I understand they are fairly supportive of the Porsche community. I'm sure someone else can chime in.

I have a sister-in-law in Omaha, who's married to an old classmate of mine, so we get down often. I've stopped by Classic Auto Sales, but don't have any experience with them...sorry.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:58 PM
foamx
Track Day

Thanks. I've left the service dept there a VM and am waiting to hear back.

Lawrence
Old 07-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Hladun1
Instructor

Does PCA have a group near there? Look at the chapter sites, they might be a good source of info
Old 07-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Diamond Blue
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A friend of mine has bought from them (a Corvette) and was very complimentary of them. They have been dealing in Porsche's for a long time. Send a PM to JonT over on Pelican as he lives in Omaha and I believe would be very helpful. PM me if you need help getting a hold of him.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:52 AM
foamx
Track Day

Originally Posted by Diamond Blue
A friend of mine has bought from them (a Corvette) and was very complimentary of them. They have been dealing in Porsche's for a long time. Send a PM to JonT over on Pelican as he lives in Omaha and I believe would be very helpful. PM me if you need help getting a hold of him.
Thanks for the info. I'm having a hard time getting registered at Pelican. For some reason the conformation email never gets to me and isn't in my spam folder. I'll call them to see if I can sort it out.

Lawrence
Old 07-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Theo911
Rennlist Member

I got a note from Diamond Blue you are looking for help. Classic Auto is a reputable classic car dealer here in Omaha--I'd be glad to help and I know one of the best mechanics in the business for a PPI here in town. My personal email is jontheo911@yahoo.com.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
foamx
Track Day

Originally Posted by Theo911
I got a note from Diamond Blue you are looking for help. Classic Auto is a reputable classic car dealer here in Omaha--I'd be glad to help and I know one of the best mechanics in the business for a PPI here in town. My personal email is jontheo911@yahoo.com.
I appreciate your help. email sent.

Lawrence
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Law1951
1st Gear

I know you posted this awhile ago, but it shows up pretty high on the search engine. I recently purchased a car from them where they transported it to my state. There are some issues where I feel they and the dealership they recommended for pre-inspection hid or overlooked several issues with the car I purchased. I also did not receive all of the accurate photos describing the car because in one area of the car looked much different and it was that same area that I did not get a picture of. I am going to see how they resolve the issue because I just got it. I hope we can work out our issues. I will be back to let you guys know if we were able to.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
chuck v
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure if if its the same guys now but early 1985 or so leased a 911sc 1983 from them. Good deal but as I remeber we discovered some milegae error after the sale, so we worked out cash refund of about $1000 from them. Always had a nice selection. No problem getting ot of the lease in 1988 when I bought a new 944.
PPI yes forget name of GREAT small shop, Its Andersons. no idea if he is still around as I moved in 1995.
Very active PCA club there, they will have more current info. Nothing about dealer from me.

Chuck
Old 12-16-2014, 02:06 PM
RPMzen
Rennlist Member

Bumping this. Looking at a few cars there now. Hope to get feedback and their yelp is killing them. But yelp isnt the best.

Last edited by RPMzen; 12-16-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Classic Auto Sales Omaha, NE? Any experience?