Tube frame chassis

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tube frame chassis

Hey all,
I am looking for any and all pics of any tube frame chassis modifications you have. If you post em It will help me sum up what I am about to do.
I am, with plasma and saws-all in hand, ready to cut off the rear third of my 78 chassis. the poor thing owes me nothing and I have been patching and re-enforcing the broken factory body for the past two years.
Lets se what the forum can turn up the net has a few pics but nothing I thought was worth repeating. I have a plan but I would like to hear from those who may have walked in my shoe's.
I have a full blown Gt car greta power G-50 FBG every thing 935 front end rear 930 trailing arms light fast and falling apart.I get 40 min of run time per chassis repair. Its time.

Regards
TSheehan
Attached Images  
Old 02-11-2009, 09:29 PM
cmoss

Go with God...
Old 02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
VTCMart
Instructor

Are the failure areas rust related or just weak points overstressed with the mods you have done?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:04 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

Cory,
no rust, just stress on the spring plate and old tortion tube has infected the entire rear of the chassis the shock mount bridge in the rear has now started to show the signs of flexing. The rest of the tub in in good shape The repairs I make seam to only put the stress on a weaker section and thus the infection spreads.

Regards
TSheehan
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

You may want to Google Valkyrie Racing in S. Texas. I saw some of their tube frame work at a NASA event in Houston. IIRC, their website may've had some pics. I'll look on my hard drive, I may've taken some. Go to Pelican's track section or the track section here and post your question.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

The best I could do:
Attached Images   
Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 AM
tsheehan
Instructor

Ed ,
Thanks this is the stuff I want to noodle around. The pics that some may have in there p/c's that make the pictures in my head have details. I have also seen some great stuff at the track but I am not much of a shutter bug. I posted here for the traffic factor.

Regards
TSheehan

Quick Reply: Tube frame chassis