Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seat won't recline... among other issues.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Dtrain475
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat won't recline... among other issues.

Hey guys,

I have an 87 that I bought for a really cheap price, knwoing that it needs some work. There are a few things that make it difficult to drive around before I start the big projects.

The big thing now is the seat adjustment. I have the 8 way power seats and the passenger seat won't recline. I can't find anyway to recline it? Is the recline part of the 8 way switches? The driver seat has the 8 way switches too, but it has a manual forward and back lever on the front left and a recline lever on the frot right. The passenger seat doesn't have any recline lever?

The power seat isn't an option for now, that is part of some other big problem. The seats don't have power, and the A/C motor doesn't work. They are on the same circuit, and there is no fuse currently in there. The seats are unplugged and the fuse blows upon contact. The big picture is that there is a short somewhere.

To sum up, my questions are these..... Can I adjust the driver seat without power to the seats? Can I recline the passenger seat without power?

Thanks in advance, 1st Porsche!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:41 PM
rscredon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '87 passenger side seat has a recline lever on the headrest and also a lever on the lower left side near the feet. Is it possible that the lever near the feet has been broken off or removed? Just a thought.

Rich

Quick Reply: Seat won't recline... among other issues.