Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Saturn Studs for Exhaust Manifold - Where to Buy?

Old 09-20-2011, 10:05 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Saturn Studs for Exhaust Manifold - Where to Buy?

Found the Saturn/GM Part number: 11518152

Anyone know a good place to order these?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:18 PM
kinglenario
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i got mine here. let me know if you have problems with the link. i haven't used them yet so if you need them right away and want to order a set to give me that would be fine.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=searchCatalogOEM&siteid=214643
Old 09-20-2011, 10:19 PM
kinglenario
Racer

sorry, you need to search for part # 11518152
Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Colin - Thanks man, perfect. Just ordered them. Might take you up on your offer if the machine shop has my head done by Friday.

Last edited by refresh951; 09-20-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:07 AM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Glad you found a source.

My first thought was "just go down to the local Saturn dealership like I did" but that's not gonna work so much these days is it...
Old 09-21-2011, 12:11 AM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gregeast
Glad you found a source.

My first thought was "just go down to the local Saturn dealership like I did" but that's not gonna work so much these days is it...
That is exactly what I found in the old threads....
Old 09-21-2011, 12:14 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Order 8 extra... those things are EXTREMELY handy on the intake too, and save time and money on future intake R&R's with LR rubber/aluminum gaskets.

Edit: I had to cut down one of the Saturn studs on the exhaust to get the rear nut on the #2 tube, there's no room at that spot with the SFR stage I headers.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:20 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by refresh951
That is exactly what I found in the old threads....
You can still get Saturn (Pontiac and Oldsmobile too) parts at most GM dealerships. They may have to order it, but the parts shouldn't be too far away at a regional warehouse.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 AM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zerMATT951
Order 8 extra... those things are EXTREMELY handy on the intake too, and save time and money on future intake R&R's with LR rubber/aluminum gaskets.

Edit: I had to cut down one of the Saturn studs on the exhaust to get the rear nut on the #2 tube, there's no room at that spot with the SFR stage I headers.
Cool, I ordered 12 extra just to have some laying around as they were only 84 cents/each.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:10 PM
kinglenario
Racer

i called all around and nobody stocks those in atlanta. easier to just order them online. what is the advantage to have them on the intake? isn't it just as easy or easier to use the stock bolts? the bolts are pretty easy...
Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kinglenario
i called all around and nobody stocks those in atlanta. easier to just order them online. what is the advantage to have them on the intake? isn't it just as easy or easier to use the stock bolts? the bolts are pretty easy...
On a completely stock car, it may not make much difference. On a car with extra or new wiring harnesses, a billet fuel rail with a rear dampener, or anything else that makes the placement of the manifold a bit of a juggling act, the studs just make things simpler. You don't have to mess with gaskets that slide around if you miss the target once or twice, it just makes things simpler. Not to mention if you think you might have the intake off occasionally for maintenance or upgrades, you practically eliminate the risk of stripping the aluminum threads out of the head.

Sure, these are all minor things, but for less than $12, it's one of the cheapest mods you can do that will have repeated benefits down the road. If this will be the only time you are ever going to take the manifold off, or if you are just fixing the car to sell it, don't bother. If you plan on keeping the car until the doors fall off like I do, than it's more than worth that extra $12.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:51 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a completely stock car, it may not make much difference. On a car with extra or new wiring harnesses, a billet fuel rail with a rear dampener, or anything else that makes the placement of the manifold a bit of a juggling act, the studs just make things simpler. You don't have to mess with gaskets that slide around if you miss the target once or twice, it just makes things simpler. Not to mention if you think you might have the intake off occasionally for maintenance or upgrades, you practically eliminate the risk of stripping the aluminum threads out of the head.

Sure, these are all minor things, but for less than $12, it's one of the cheapest mods you can do that will have repeated benefits down the road. If this will be the only time you are ever going to take the manifold off, or if you are just fixing the car to sell it, don't bother. If you plan on keeping the car until the doors fall off like I do, than it's more than worth that extra $12.
I can say IMHO that the studs, and SS nuts make for better appearance as the OE bolts corrode over time... the studs and nuts... not so much!
Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
I can say IMHO that the studs, and SS nuts make for better appearance as the OE bolts corrode over time... the studs and nuts... not so much!
I used copper nuts just to match the exhaust nuts, but I may switch them to SS... that would actually look pretty darn good with my shiny intake .
Old 09-22-2011, 12:01 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used copper nuts just to match the exhaust nuts, but I may switch them to SS... that would actually look pretty darn good with my shiny intake .
I am thinking the copper nuts will look sharp next to my intake... pics will come eventually... FWIW my intake has the same finish right now as my avatar...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking at these studs last night and they have a hex on the outside. Does anyone where you can buy the ones with the 5mm internal hex? I had some that were included in one of the hardware kit group buys that happened on the board.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saturn Studs for Exhaust Manifold - Where to Buy?